Talented kids from talentless parents

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

scotty73
3.0 24v

Talented kids from talentless parents

Post by scotty73 »

Is this possible?

I went to my 10 year old daughters primary school leavers assembly this morning and she opened the show singing this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMqE-Xan ... re=related

Now i'm not saying she's Katherine Jenkins (but her music teacher is) :shock: i had shivers down my spine filming it and how i didn't cry i dont fooking know.... <<<<<wimp :lol:

Saturday at 10.30am my eldest who's 14 is singing for the local mayor at his request and she can hit the notes even higher (think they call it soprano?) and i'm going to it because i cant make the performance she's doing Monday night because the little un is on a school trip.

So it's time to get the tear wipers out in the morning, but on the plus side i might be able to hide myself upstairs in the church out of the way.... Wish i could post the video for you to see but it's against the school rules. :(
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
lozz
3.0 24v

Re: Talented kids from talentless parents

Post by lozz »

Not alot ican say realy, other than ibet your realy proud of her,

oh and ithink for anyone to even try singing something like that they must be talented,
not that im into that sort of music but ibet its challenging,

perhaps you shouid get her aplace on the Tv show, er whats it called, him with the shiny teeth is on it britains got talent or what ever it is,
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

lozz wrote:
perhaps you shouid get her aplace on the Tv show, er whats it called, him with the shiny teeth is on it britains got talent or what ever it is,
To be honest we've always said "school comes first" but even the teacher said today the little un has got so much potential with her singing, plus brass and violin that she should just go for it. :shock:

And the 14 year old, well it's in her hands she's been seen enough to end up on the same show of one of her best friends who was in this.

Heres how it's sang PROPERLY!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG7UkFbw-ps

:P

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

My daughter was on tv for a while, dont know wether you watched it or not, Waterloo road,

dont know what happend but she gave up with it,
iguess you can only sit back and watch and wish them well ,

ihope all goes well for her, best of luck mate
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus, How do you translate that, never mind sing it, :roll:
Aur y byd na'I berlau mân:
Gofyn wyf am galon hapus,
Calon onest, calon lân.

Calon lân yn llawn daioni,
Tecach yw na'r lili dlos:
Dim ond calon lân all ganu
Canu'r dydd a chanu'r nos.

Pe dymunwn olud bydol,
Hedyn buan ganddo sydd;
Golud calon lân, rinweddol,
Yn dwyn bythol elw fydd.

Hwyr a bore fy nymuniad
Gwyd I'r nef ar adain cân
Ar I Dduw, er mwyn fy Ngheidwad,
Roddi I mi galon lân.

ican understand bits of it, ithink it means, i dont as for luxurys gold or pearls,

edit no im wrong ,

google says

I don't ask for a luxurious life,
the world's gold or its fine pearls,
I ask for a happy heart,
an honest heart, a pure heart.

A pure heart full of goodness
Is fairer than the pretty lily,
None but a pure heart can sing,
Sing in the day and sing in the night.

If I wished for worldly wealth,
It would swiftly go to seed;
The riches of a virtuous, pure heart
Will bear eternal profit.

(Chorus)

Evening and morning, my wish
Rising to heaven on the wing of song
For God, for the sake of my Saviour,
To give me a pure heart.

(Chorus)

— English translation
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

lozz wrote:My daughter was on tv for a while, dont know wether you watched it or not, Waterloo road,

dont know what happend but she gave up with it,
iguess you can only sit back and watch and wish them well ,

ihope all goes well for her, best of luck mate
I never watched that mate, i dont watch british tv to be honest apart from river cottage and Robson Green.

Funny you should try and translate that song because for last years singing exam my 14 year old sang it in English (she's not to sure of it in Welsh) she got a distinction for it but my youngest done it in Welsh yesterday and it was a piece of piss for her.

I just been told that my 14 year old is singing Panis Angelicus. :shock:

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYbmiXtWCas

Oh crap the tears are coming already. :lol: :lol:

sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

Nice one!
It must be nice for you to see your kids doing so well, and its nice for them to know that their parents are so proud of them.

The other half has a cousin near Manchester who is severely autistic, couldn't hold a conversation but is obsessed with music. We went over for his 21st birthday a few weeks ago and they got him up to sing, there wasn't a dry eye in the house!
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

sirwiggum wrote:Nice one!
It must be nice for you to see your kids doing so well, and its nice for them to know that their parents are so proud of them.

The other half has a cousin near Manchester who is severely autistic, couldn't hold a conversation but is obsessed with music. We went over for his 21st birthday a few weeks ago and they got him up to sing, there wasn't a dry eye in the house!
Cant help yourself can you mate, you see kids enjoying theirselves ant trying their best and the tears flow :lol: i've heard autistic children can be extremly tallented it's nice to see. 8)

scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Yesterday turned out to be quite funny really we had planned to try our new tent out so first thing i done was pack the car then 10.15am off up the church with my daughter, we turn up to an army welcome there was cops everywhere and i was directed upstairs to the cheap seats. :lol:

I see an old college mate of mine so go and sit with him and have a catch up.... Then it all started i've never seen so much gold in my life it turns out that it was to welcome in a new councilor so all the mayors from our borough were there and all the councilors it must have cost you tax payers a fortune. :evil:

Well i'm sat there with my mate he's wearing a jacket and jeans and i'm say there in jeans and my sons of anarchy hoddy on it was hillarious because everyone else was in a suite and i mean everyone :lol: we had some looks... It's a good job i changed out of my shorts before going up there. :lol:

We had a cracking view of the collection PLATES!!!! going around too people were bunging fives, tens, twentys and even fiftys in there.... And i'm not talking pennies it must have been over a grand :roll:

All that fooking money to welcome in a councilor, jeez.... On the plus side they loved my daughters performance she was being hounded by the mayors afterwards one of them even stopped his car rolled the window down and said (excuse me young lady but i have to congratulate you on your performance you were fantastic)

scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

It's getting a bit freaky now, the 14 year old has just sang in the school and a councilor has asked her to sing in another councilors funeral on monday morning. :shock: