help

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

john170277
2.0 Turbo

help

Post by john170277 »

i think i m have lost my marbles just purchased a laguna 1.9 dci initiale its only now that i am reading about the turbo and electrical problems
does anyone on here know anything bout them
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: help

Post by steve_earwig »

Reading about them here or elsewhere? There's been a few discussions on here about that very car, have a search if you aint already- I reckon Lozz is your man :wink:

Is it me or is Renault the reason French cars have such a bad rep?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

Lozz is yer man for sure.

I agree, when I had Citroens and the Pug, people used to say things like "*suck air through teeth* I had a Renault 18 back in the day. Bag of bolts. Thats why I only buy 316is now. On which the turbo and clutch have went prematurely. But thats typical German efficiency. Replace early, replace often, keep it new."
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

john170277 wrote:i think i m have lost my marbles just purchased a laguna 1.9 dci initiale its only now that i am reading about the turbo and electrical problems
does anyone on here know anything bout them
What do you need to know mate,?

You will here loads of horror stories about them, Turbos being weak, idont think thats the case, as the lag as the same turbo as Mitsubish and the volvo s40
if they was weak they wouid be on the horror story list too me thinks,

ithink its all down to using the right oil, and changing it reguarly, (iuse 5w /40)

electrical problems, thats mainly down to them getting Drenched, if iwas you when you get a dry day, clear out the scuttle drains, you dont have to remove half the car as it says in the haynes, just take the plastic caps off and get something in there to clear the drains iused an old wiperblade, ive not seen one yet that hasnt been full of leaves, also clear off pollen filter,

if left blocked water ends up in drivers foot well -frys the bsi /fuse box http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthre ... tle+drains

ive had mine a few months now and not had any problems with it, other than a weak spring, blocked pollen filter, and a rear wheel bearing,

if youve got the pk6 gearbox they can be abit iffy, (weak boxes idont know :? )
mines been ripped out at one stage and replaced with the 5 speed. http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=40144

Another tip: if you hear a buzzing noise in the engine bay, get a peice of carboard and slot it in between the Maf and the fuse box,
the noise will disapear, the maf vibrates against the fuse box on them,

Another thing: pop the cover off the passenger front door handle and spray the lock with wd40 mine was seized and iwanted it working just incase key card didnt work or if battery goes flat etc,
Last edited by lozz on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Horror stories can put you off anything you buy, in the past i've not bothered with car forums not until i googled the 406 and some things you read make you think what the hell have i done? it's not just cars i bought a tent last week then the mrs read some reviews saying their a nightmare to get the clips into the poles so i was worried i'd rip something erecting it.... It took me 20 minutes and the clips went in easy.

Dont believe all you read if you have a problem with the car ask about it then and you should get a well informed answer.
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

W'ell ihad aplan but its gone all 'pear-shaped. :(

abeit like thems. Asda cheap kettles or toasters, buy 2. if one blows up youve got aspare one, :supafrisk:
altho it seems the lag as Rocketed up abit in price, carnt find a cheap one, for spares :roll:
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Ive been speaking with a Renault mechanic,

asked him about the renault turbo problems,
and got an honest enought answer,

it seems theres a Desighn flaw, Namely this item, :arrow: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Lagun ... 2a1c586859

(* ive used the ebay link for refernce of the picture of the item- not the infomation,)

if anyone gets a laguna or anything with this dci lump :frown: and its low on oil and you top it up, Automaticly you will think just top it up like and other car and just drive it Wrong!

if you top the oil up dont drive the car or even start it for atleast half an hour, you have to wait for the oil to flow through and level off,

totaly daft desighn