Still running on Winters?

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Still running on Winters?

Post by Welly »

Anyone swapped back to summer tyres yet?

The winters have been a complete waste of time for me this year but hey-ho.

Struggling to get the time to have the summers remounted on me rimz, takes about an hour and my weekends are full up at the moment.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
trem1
3.0 24v

Re: Still running on Winters?

Post by trem1 »

Temperatures around here are way above 7 degrees, so you really should make the time.

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
grasmere59
3.0 24v

Post by grasmere59 »

Still on my winters,i keep thinking I should change back but we've had cold snaps later than this before so i'll keep them on a while longer.
2011 "11" Mondeo TXS est 200ps in Grey
2003 "53" 110 hdi Executive Estate in Diablo Red
2001 "51" BMW 530i sport in Black
2012 "62" Yamaha XT1200
1974 "M" Honda CB500/4
1994 "M" Kawasaki Zephyr 1100
1998 "S" Honda XRV 750
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Was 14c yesterday afternoon, but it's going into the minuses with sleet predicted for the weekend... ARGH
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
Welly

Post by Welly »

According to my reliable* outside temperature indication device it was -6C this morning so I'm keeping the tyres on for now :roll:

Seriously I reckon I might have to have a 'dentist' appointment next week and get them swapped over.
Cars in my care:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Yup as above, not convinced we've had all the cold stuff yet. Gonna hang on another week or two, weekend of the 5th / 6th April doesn't look too busy at the moment. Mind you this decision is complicated by the fact that all my summer tyres are down to below 3mm, I'll squeeze another thousand miles out of them before changing (that's gonna be a hard day for the credit card!) but I'm a bit edgy in case we get heavy rainfall in the meantime.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

Do your insurance companies have any opinions on when you need to change back to summer/all weather tyres ?? Or could you legally run winters all year round?

DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

trem1 wrote:Do your insurance companies have any opinions on when you need to change back to summer/all weather tyres ?? Or could you legally run winters all year round?
Hmmm, shall we have the "have you notified the insurance company?" discussion again? :lol:

There's no legal requirement as to when to use winter or summer tyres in the UK at the moment, so you could leave the winters on all year round (not that I would), in the same way that most people leave summer tyres on all year.
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

DaiRees wrote:
trem1 wrote:Do your insurance companies have any opinions on when you need to change back to summer/all weather tyres ?? Or could you legally run winters all year round?
Hmmm, shall we have the "have you notified the insurance company?" discussion again? :lol:
Can we have a "I should get insurance discount because i use winters" convo too? :lol:

Mine are still on because I'm not convinced we've had winter yet either... Monsoon season yes winter no....Add that to me trying to decorate the livingroom in the day and my kids are taking up all my spare time with their singing gigs I'm not sure I have the time.....And this Saturday we have a HUUUUGGGEEE interview of the west end/ recording franchise kind. :supafrisk:
2000 W 2.0hdi 110 7 seat estate Blue.

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Ooh, splendid, best of luck!

When I MOTed the Pug I was worried they'd fail me for having summer tyres on it, needlessly as it turns out. We're not meant to change back until 15th April but there was some cop interviewed on the telly last night who said, due to it being 20+ degrees in the day, they weren't going to push it (yeah, right :roll: ) It might be quite warm in the daytime but at night it's still pretty cold and we're still having the odd frost, so buggrit, 15th April it is.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly

Post by Welly »

scotty73 wrote:west end/recording franchise kind
Nail-biting times eh?

Hope it goes ok, have you got to go to that London?

Hold on, all my freds are being hijacked..........but in a nice way.
Cars in my care:
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Welly wrote:
scotty73 wrote:west end/recording franchise kind
Nail-biting times eh?

Hope it goes ok, have you got to go to that London?

Hold on, all my freds are being hijacked..........but in a nice way.
Well the thing is for the last few months my two have been going to open mic nights and we've kept in touch with a drummer who plays for Owen Money (insert Welsh b list celeb here) he's a lovely guy that has toured the world with various bands, cruise ship work etc but is now putting all his time into helping youngsters in the valleys enjoy performing and has collected the od queens award along the way.
Well two weeks ago he recorded 5 songs with my girlies and he was so impressed with my eldest that he advised me to send one of them to a couple on my Facebook that have just launched an album for children in need with some well known West end singers (No2 in the West end charts at the moment) And are heavily involved in the West End... (Richard Burton musical to be launched in 2015)

To cut that long story shorter they listened to the song and wanted more so sent another and the reply was We'd love to hear her sing can you bring her to sing for us we have a few things in mind for her.... Aye to right see you Saturday at 11.30am.... Luckily for us (for now) their based less than 20 miles from me so I guess we'll see what is said.

Mad thing is the day after we arranged this i bumped into them while shopping they were collecting for the air ambulance with hidden body guards at my local Asda :lol: .... So I introduced myself and the guy couldn't stop talking about my eldest's unique operatic voice. :oops:

And this glue is for my submarine not for putting up you're f*c*ing noses, and dont think i dont notice cos i do... Buy your own f*c*ing glue!!! Fatty Lewis Twin town 1997.
scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Here's the song my mate was so proud of she performed this Saturday in a small coffee house but the weather was lovely so the doors were open... We had people stopping and wowing her the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar3R2cN ... e=youtu.be

Uploaded to youtube just for you lot. :wink:
The audio recording of this is awesome and it gets the old 406 bouncing from my head movements. :lol:

PS: Sorry for the hijack Welly. :oops:

trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

scotty73 wrote:Here's the song my mate was so proud of she performed this Saturday in a small coffee house but the weather was lovely so the doors were open... We had people stopping and wowing her the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar3R2cN ... e=youtu.be

Uploaded to youtube just for you lot. :wink:
The audio recording of this is awesome and it gets the old 406 bouncing from my head movements. :lol:

PS: Sorry for the hijack Welly. :oops:
can't get the link to work scotty

scotty73
3.0 24v

Post by scotty73 »

Her voice is so high only cats and dogs can hear it :supafrisk:

I was just giving it a watch while you commented... The audio's not there what the hell? I'll delete it and try and get it back on here. :roll: