whats it worth?

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

midsmike
3.0 24v

whats it worth?

Post by midsmike »

Well the time has come where I say bye to my 406 so I would like to know what you all think its worth
Its a 1998 2.1td executive saloon in silver 121k im the third owner and have owned it for the last 3 years it had only 61k when I brought it its in good condition full leather with 1 rip by the drivers seat controls heres a list of things that have been done in the last 3k and mods ive done since owning it
New pads, discs, handbrake shoes and all three cables all pagid with coupe brembos and braided front pipes with coupe starfish 16inch wheels all with gd tyres and a 5th alloy with brand new spare tyre
Mk2 leather doorcards all wired up with black ash trim
None smoking kit
Mk2 handbrake surround with cup holders
hid kit
Front wish bones polly bushed
New ball joints
New wheelbearings all round
New clutch beginning of year
Timing belt kit and water pump
Serviced every 6 to 8 k never wanted for anythink
11 months mot 1month tax
2 keys a shoe box full of paper work and receipts from new and every mot and tax disc from new
So please be honest
1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td executive saloon silver,d9 mods 18" dare v2 alloys In Phase XTC 6.5″ 240W Component Speakers up front and Vibe Slick 6x9 Three Way Speakers - Slick 693 in the rear runing off a Alpine MRV-F307 V12 Series amp and a vibe cbr 12 twin evo sub in the boot. 1998 peugeot 406 2.1 td lx saloon red
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: whats it worth?

Post by PeterN »

Look on ebay and see what they are selling for - not what they are asking but what they actually make, that's the only way you will get a 'real world' price.

Peter
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Being honest; it's 16 years old and it doesn't really make a financial benefit in having Brembo's etc. you have clearly looked after the car and this should make it an attractive buy over something else of the same age. It is a shame but I think realistically you'd be lucky to see more than £450.00 out of it, it's just the way things are. I'd think long and hard about keeping it and enjoying the work you've done so far and get a bit of pay-back from it.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
gumby6371
3.0 24v

Post by gumby6371 »

My 1996 1.9 was in need of a cam belt change and had some rust bubbles starting to show through the arches, just under 90,000 miles and mechanically very sound.
I put it in the local paper for £500 and it sold to the first guy that turned up.
Had 6 or 7 calls after it went and could probably have got another £50-£100 if I'd asked for it.

There is a bit of fluctuation depending on where you live but as you're not far from me I'd throw it in the paper for £700 and see what happens, maybe swap the shiny stuff back to standard and ebay them.
1996 1.9 TD LX (Gone but not forgotten)
2003 2.2 HDI SE