A/C not working... Evaporator temp @18C?

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Re: A/C not working... Evaporator temp @18C?

Post by fattail95 »

Right, I took a look at the A/C parameters on another 406 semi-mux, however it had a broken evap temp sensor. However, the pressostat input on this is demanded...

Does this mean my pressostat is broken? I still don't really understand what demanded means!!
2001/Y Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi Saloon
150hp/330nm Powerflow stainless exhaust Kevlar clutch Cat delete EGR & Doser delete Leather interior Windows tinted Cruise control 5 dial cluster Yatour bluetooth Starfish alloys Twin rear fogs
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

UPDATE!

So, it turns out the pressure switch on the condensor was faulty! It was letting a lot of gas out, and looked pretty old and rough. The system was only around 15% filled after having it regassed at Peugeot 4 weeks prior! So, new switch in, and regas... Hop in, turn the A/C on, and NOTHING. The compressor is still not cutting in. Again, I hear no noise from the relay even though PP2000 is telling me its energised. So I'm fairly certain now that it is the relay thats at fault, so a friend of mine is going to come over next week, remove the BSI, and fix the relay by soldering in a new one that will be mounted to the exterior of the BSI (as per the KB thread) for easy replacement in future if necessary.

What procedures does Jeff need to follow when removing the BSI, to ensure mileage is kept intact etc?

Thanks for your help :)
150hp/330nm Powerflow stainless exhaust Kevlar clutch Cat delete EGR & Doser delete Leather interior Windows tinted Cruise control 5 dial cluster Yatour bluetooth Starfish alloys Twin rear fogs
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Which year/engine is your 406 (might be a good idea to put this in your sig)?

Later full-mux cars (with Valeo BSIs) aren't fitted with relays for the air-con, they have FETs instead (sensibly). The earlier cars with Siemens BSIs (semi-mux) have relays.

Edit: Didn't read the thread properly, yours is semi-mux so does have the relay (which hopefully isn't broken!) :cheesy:
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

jonsowman wrote:Which year/engine is your 406 (might be a good idea to put this in your sig)?

Later full-mux cars (with Valeo BSIs) aren't fitted with relays for the air-con, they have FETs instead (sensibly). The earlier cars with Siemens BSIs (semi-mux) have relays.

Edit: Didn't read the thread properly, yours is semi-mux so does have the relay (which hopefully isn't broken!) :cheesy:
Hopefully it is the relay! If its not, then I'm at a loss as to what else could be wrong with it :?:
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

What would cause the pressostat reading to be NOT DEMANDED? Does not demanded mean the pressure is not being read, or does it mean the pressure is low? My friend Jeff is coming to look at the BSI on wednesday.
Mayeux
1.6 8v

Post by Mayeux »

Hi forgive my ignorance but I have a 2001 110 hdi which displays errors time to time , battery voltage low , immobiliser fault, seat belt tensioner , which I had thought was the bsi needing a reset but as the key fob is not working put up with the errors,
Anyway took the car for a gas top up for the air con and was told it needed a compressor and valve 700 euros ! I have read a lot on this site so had a look under the bonnet the clutch was not coming in but was with 12v added
Took a while to get reveved up buy a relay and have now took out the bsi which at some point had water on it two plugs are oxidized a bit , but the downside is that it is a valeo board and all I have found on a relay change refers to siemens ?
what next? Bba remain repair for 125+vat but have been slated on here Thank you
Mayeux
Mayeux
1.6 8v

Post by Mayeux »

Hello again I cannot find anything in english on the web but think this in french is the problem.
http://www.coupe406.com/Forum/viewtopic ... ais#859155
The relay is on ebay for very little but putting it on the board is another thing with it being smd . I think I will take the bsi back to the uk next time I go and have it done there .
Been driving a 406 since 2000 last one from new had 224k on the clock which stopped when it had a new clutch in 2007 must have done near 400k before it went , paint work was getting really scruffy but it was much more lively than the replacment a very clean 110 with 115 k on the clock it seems so slugish .
Anyway thanks your a great site
Mayeux