Peugeot 406/407

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

RichardFryer

Re: Peugeot 406/407

Post by RichardFryer »

Thanks,
Secrectly i'd like an Audi A4 Avant PD 130 but with my money I'm looking at a 2002 ish reg with 170K plus miles, which is where I am now with the 406.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

PeterN wrote:The price of a replacement rather changes things so perhaps we can look at some possible causes of your problems. Firstly the smoke and low power problem. This could be due to a restriction in the air intake system or maybe the turbo not operating correctly, the MAF sensor in the air intake could also cause a problem.

The aircon I can't help you with as neither of mine work which doesn't bother me as it rarely gets hot enough to need it here.

Radiator not getting hot: I suspect you felt it when the engine had not been running for long, the radiator will stay cold until the coolant reaches normal operating temperature, if it stayed cold all the time the coolant would boil and be expelled from the filler cap or overflow. See if you can locate the source of coolant loss, it could be anything from a leaking hose to a failing head gasket.

The clutch pedal is normally quite high on the 406 but it doesn't necessarily indicate a problem.

The heater flap valve may not be a serious problem depending how easy it is to access, yours being left hand drive may be easier or more difficult, I don't know.

The rattle on the front suspension is probably due to a worn anti roll bar drop link, a fairly easy and cheap problem to rectify.

I don't know how many Km yours has covered but the engines should be good for 200,000-300,00 miles with regular oil changes, that's probably around 400,000 km. Mine still has the original clutch and DMF at around 400k km.

Is there not a Peugeot forum/club in Portugal that could give you some assistance?

Peter
Thanks for the reply really appreciate it, I will have a look at garage next month for the low power and smoke problem ( money doesn't get long enough for everything :( ).

The air con i will do the BSI relay replacement ( despite that the compressor is leaking the gas/green fluid but when i teste it it had gas in system and it still doesn't kick in) <- but this will have to wait, not a priority problem.

water Radiator <- it's working good i just didn't checked in the proper time lol.

heater flap it's somehow accessible under the glovebox something is not right there, but well not a big deal i'll pass this one for another time.

The clutch pedal is what's worrying me because is not the clutch that is peaking high but it's the pedal itself that comes a lot more further up than it's position ...

The rattle it's really probably the drop links that's almost for sure...

MY 406 has done 209k kilometers. Oil changes in the right time etc, the only bad thing that happened to her was ... The accident... not the same anymore problems and more problems has you can see but i will try to fix them:(

Has forum goes, i have give up for asking for help there or doing anything, they just don't give a damn...this forum is still up because of people like you and steve and farmerpug ETC big thanks for all of you for the things you do for people like me and others
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

Which forum ??

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

this one:

http://www.peugeotclubeportugal.com/forum/index.php

Well it's all different now new design and all... i guess it got deleted and made new one i had never went there for like 2 years now....and now my username is deleted hehehe
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

Try www.peugeotforums.com for info

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

2004 Iron Grey 407se 136bhp......Written Off
2006 Moonstone blue 407 se 136 bhp.....Written off
2006 silver 407 SW..........replacement