Lots of useful 406 tech documents

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Lots of useful 406 tech documents

Post by fattail95 »

Afternoon all,

I've collated several useful documents/guides that are relevant to the 406, hope they may be of some use to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3gptz2ov1t0n ... hKCoa?dl=0

Best Regards
Ben
Last edited by fattail95 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2001/Y Peugeot 406 2.0 HDi Saloon
150hp/330nm Powerflow stainless exhaust Kevlar clutch Cat delete EGR & Doser delete Leather interior Windows tinted Cruise control 5 dial cluster Yatour bluetooth Starfish alloys Twin rear fogs
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Lots of useful ServiceBox documents

Post by steve_earwig »

Aha, a downloading frenzy, well done sir :cheesy:

I've always wondered if it would be worth doing that but I'm not sure if that's the same stuff I have in the service box back-up repair manual, which is ok for the obvious stuff but bleedin' useless for anything tricky.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

steve_earwig wrote:Aha, a downloading frenzy, well done sir :cheesy:

I've always wondered if it would be worth doing that but I'm not sure if that's the same stuff I have in the service box back-up repair manual, which is ok for the obvious stuff but bleedin' useless for anything tricky.
It certainly was! I hardly even touched the interior repair procedures and only made a small dent on the mechanicals. Lots of great information and the guides are nice and clear (for the most part) so I thought I'd made them a little more available.
Last edited by fattail95 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
150hp/330nm Powerflow stainless exhaust Kevlar clutch Cat delete EGR & Doser delete Leather interior Windows tinted Cruise control 5 dial cluster Yatour bluetooth Starfish alloys Twin rear fogs
scoopeydiesel
2.0 16v

Post by scoopeydiesel »

Well done, thanks for all the usefull information.I need to do crankshaft pulley and cam belt and it was interesting to read about cam shaft pully removal. Thanks again,
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

scoopeydiesel wrote:Well done, thanks for all the usefull information.I need to do crankshaft pulley and cam belt and it was interesting to read about cam shaft pully removal. Thanks again,
My pleasure - we've a good bunch of people on here, so I'm always happy to give back when I can. Frank's videos (PeugeotCitroen2CV on YouTube) are very good too:

Cam belt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66VwGX4uGk

Crank pulley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDTot5kRAG0
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Cracking effort Ben .. :cheesy:
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

It's worth adding that the torque values are displayed in deca newton-metres (referred to as either daN.m or m.daN). 1 deca newton-metre as you may have guessed is 10 newton-metres or 7.4 pounds-foot.
Uberderv
2.0 16v

Post by Uberderv »

Thanks very much :D
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Thank you!
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I hate to be the one to urinate on your bonfires but isn't this a bit iffy? this is sharing information that should be purchased by those seeking it.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Post by fattail95 »

Welly wrote:I hate to be the one to urinate on your bonfires but isn't this a bit iffy? this is sharing information that should be purchased by those seeking it.
You are absolutely correct, however I don't believe PSA are going to see massive losses in profit over a few documents which are relevant to a car south of 12 years old. However if you wish to remove the post, I fully understand and will not dispute it.

Best Regards
Ben
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: Lots of useful S***b*** documents

Post by Welly »

I don't want to be a spoil sport but maybe a bit of discretion would be better?

Rather than shout this from the roof tops we could have a sticky to help members approach others via PM if they have technical info and are willing to lend it out to fellow forum members.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
fattail95
2.0 Turbo

Re: Lots of useful 406 tech documents

Post by fattail95 »

Welly wrote:I don't want to be a spoil sport but maybe a bit of discretion would be better?

Rather than shout this from the roof tops we could have a sticky to help members approach others via PM if they have technical info and are willing to lend it out to fellow forum members.
You're not a spoil sport at all, on reflection a bit of discretion may have been a good idea -- I have edited the original post to reflect that.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Lots of useful 406 tech documents

Post by steve_earwig »

fattail95 wrote:
Welly wrote:I hate to be the one to urinate on your bonfires but isn't this a bit iffy? this is sharing information that should be purchased by those seeking it.
You are absolutely correct, however I don't believe PSA are going to see massive losses in profit over a few documents which are relevant to a car south of 12 years old. However if you wish to remove the post, I fully understand and will not dispute it.

Best Regards
Ben
I suspect some big corps would like nothing better than to take us to court for some small koppyright transgression, I'm sure Sony would for a start...

Although, in this case, it's probably not worth bothering as a lot of PSA tech docs are already out there so I don't think they're that bothered. There's quite a few on here already too.

I've changed the thread title anyway. Bomb it from space, only way to be sure etc.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.