Pressure washers

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

rwb
3.0 24v

Pressure washers

Post by rwb »

Hi,

I'm on the lookout for a pressure washer, ideally something that can be fed from a water butt. Any recommendations? Ta.

Current: 407 2.2 HDi 170 & C6 2.7 HDi.
Former: 406 1.9 TD; 406 HDi 90; 407 2.2 160; 307cc 180; 508 HDi 140.
Map of PeugeotForums users offering PP2k
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: Pressure washers

Post by Welly »

My Karcher K620M has been running for an incredible 18 years with no maintenance. It has a brass cylinder head and will run off of a Boughta Wutt.

BUT that was back when sh*t was made properly.

Now I'd say it was pot luck over who's pressure washer will fail first and in which kind of spectacular way involving unobtainable parts.

I'd recommend one that switches on/off in time with the trigger of the hose lance for convenience and longer life.

Unfortunately it might be a case of reading up on the endless drivel of shitty reviews that we get dragged into these days before making an informed* decision.

Obvs try to avoid unknown brands or Argos/DIY store special* offers as these tend to be made down TO the "special" price you pay (no-one gives you anything for nothing) and are generally sh*t.

To be fair if you can track down a good used 620M I'd go for it.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Welly wrote: ...with no maintenance.
Whut? What are we meant to do with them? No plugs, no points, no air filter :? If it aint broke...

My K7.20's still (touch wood, not used it yet this year) going strong after about 10 years but, as Welly says, things have probably changed in that time.

The specs on the machine should tell you what sort of height it can draw from. I guess if it's sitting on the ground next to the butt then it doesn't need to be much. Invest in prefilter if your butt's got shite in it maybe.
Welly wrote: I'd recommend one that switches on/off in time with the trigger of the hose lance for convenience and longer life.
Don't they all do that, or are you implying some sort of electrical switch in the trigger? :shock:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly

Post by Welly »

Well I kinda meant it's not needed any maintenance but yeah they just sit there really. Often wondered if there's any oil in the the 'engine' I guess there must be some lube as there's a crank. I think.

Some el'cheapo PW's don't switch off with the lance trigger. 'Good' PW's have a built-in pressure switch in the machine to sense the trigger 'calling for' pressure or 'stopping' and this saves wear on the, err, something whatsit.

I would REALLY like a petrol-driven PW and occasionally have a squint at the classifieds. One with 'steam' ability would have me dancing around like a spoilt brat. Hired a pez powered PW once to do the driveway and the noise raised a few eyebrows :supafrisk:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Welly

Post by Welly »

Just seen this on fleabay £168.00 pez unit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Petrol-Power- ... 2358458091

Made in China:

WCPGW etc.........
Cars in my care: