406 gone

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

binnzy
2.0 16v

406 gone

Post by binnzy »

Hi, sadly I have had to scrap my 406 most comfortable car I have ever had, Clutch was on its way out then came a load of electrical faults finally fuel pump went and wouldn't start again after a new pump, I decided I could not throw any more money at it so it had to go. I hope I can find another but in the meantime I have had to get another car, just wish to say thankyou to you all for all the help I have been given by club members.
Regards Binnzy
If it doesn't fit you need a bigger hammer
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: 406 gone

Post by PeterN »

They are brilliant cars, the most reliable I have driven in 60 years of motoring. My first one failed due to it getting damp and stuck in immobilised mode, I tried some suggestions but none worked and as I had read that others with the same problem had spent a fortune and still had to scrap them I decided to bypass that process, it now stands at the top of the field as my parts dept. The car had done nearly 250k and still had the original clutch and DMF, although the seats were falling to pieces.

The two I have now cost me £400 and £350 respectively and have covered 15k or more now with no breakdowns or serious problems, even the little wheel under the dash that raises and lowers the headlights still works on both of them and I have not had as much as a switch fail on the electrics, did have to replace the rear wiper motor though, free of course from the scrap one.

I reckon they are the best car Peugeot ever made, certainly the best I have driven.

Peter