406 Purchases

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

JCL

406 Purchases

Post by JCL »

Hi, new to 406 ownership having bought a 90bhp estate last week from a dealer in Derry NI via a Gumtree advert, it was also on ebay I believe... pics attached below. £990 with an MOT, 113k, and oil change carried out.. very clean, the interior could pass for a 30k mile car, needs nothing, I am very pleased.

Also attached as a link below here of interest is a 406 that I had been watching but way way too expensive at another NI trader who I know to be an excellent chap to deal with and he does source excellent cars and make them better and market well but it stsrted at £2750 then reduced to £2450 and after a further month sold a couple of days ago... love to know how ,uch and to whome?!

Just making conversation, hope you don't mind ☺

https://www.authenticautos.co.uk/used-cars
Attachments
Image(1).jpeg
(1.69 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Image(4).jpeg
(1.88 MiB) Not downloaded yet
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: 406 Purchases

Post by PeterN »

Although I no longer run them I still think they are probably the best car Peugeot ever made, certainly for reliability, their comfort and ride also takes some beating and the have the best headlights of any car I have ever owned.

I had a number of them over a ten year period and only the first one I bought did I pay more than 500 pounds for, most were high mileage but were still reliable. I now run the later C5's a very well built car and a superb ride compared with most other cars but certainly not as reliable, although I have had no serious faults, I think the 2.0. 16 valve Hdi is engine is as good as the 12 valve in the 406 but certainly not as easy yo work on.

Peter
JCL

Re: 406 Purchases

Post by JCL »

I also run a C5 mk3 2009 2.0Hdi Touring which is excellent also... an underrated overlookedcar held back by it's badge I feel.... i have conventional suspension and the ride is just fine.. tows my 4berth cvan without complaimt too.