Welcome to the 406 owners club!!

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Benner
3.0 24v

Post by Benner »

Welcome buddy.

I hope you enjoy the forum. There are some good guys on here and I always enjoy coming on here.
scottish pug estate
1.8 16v

Post by scottish pug estate »

yes theres so much great info on here bt the cars and so much experience with the guys on the site,and i just stumbled accross it :lol:
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

scottish pug estate wrote:yes theres so much great info on here
Where? I've been looking for over a year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, welcome and hope you enjoy the site. Watch out for the laughs on here too.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Michael B. 406 XS4

Post by Michael B. 406 XS4 »

Oops, didnt see this thread. already posted 2 places, but what the h..

Heyall, name is Michael, from denmark. the first reason why i joined up was cause of the many 406 users here, since i have one, weeeell...figurs :P i propably wont be there when u have meetings n stuff, but cant win every time :) "Peace" :D
Greetings:
gremlin

Hi all

Post by gremlin »

Im gremlin Aka Simon And im a virgin in the 406 world in fact dont get it till SAT 23/06/07 Other half has a 206 so looking forward to it
(",)
not to sure what to look out for on these all i can say for know is that its a $06 blue and on a p plate

hope to meet and ask lots of questions if ya guys dont mind
574lk3r
1.8 16v

Post by 574lk3r »

hii!!!!!!

just found this site thanks to the wonderfull wiki,
anyhoo...

im lee, in the south east uk, a small village called denmead nr pompey,
34, wife n kids..

got a 406 sri :)
and im luvvin it,
just modding it atm, got the bodykit on, but its for a phase 2 and ive got a phase 1 lol, but with some sharp instruments and lots of fibreglass
we'll soon sort that...
17" wolfrace alloys, ice the usual,
dont have much dosh after buying the kit and the wheels so everything is gonna be gradual,
will post pics asap,
got a mate who works in a garage so thankfully he has all the tools, and knowledge i need,
it has needed some work,
oil leak bushes ect, gotta get a new rad though, i was told £130?
and need a new set of front fan thingys as one doesent work, looks like an accident the previous owner never mentioned...
cant find one though, have to keep ringing the scrappy..
ive gone on long enough now though,
thats me so hi.

(forgot to ask, were do we get the site stickers from?)
de-stress not dis-tress and deffinately not in dis dress.
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

Welcome chap :cheesy:

Car sounds like its gonner be good, Guy on here called K3nny has a wild kit on his.

As for stickers click on this :arrowd: DaiRees is our sticker man.

viewtopic.php?t=2789&start=0
2006 207 GT THP 150
574lk3r
1.8 16v

Post by 574lk3r »

cheers for that, ill order a couple next week :)

*runs of to find K3nny's car*

just seen it, lurverly motor...
p.s. my "attempt" is in the gallery now.
de-stress not dis-tress and deffinately not in dis dress.
TehAgent
1.8 16v

Re: Welcome to the 406 owners club!!

Post by TehAgent »

Hi I'm Ian,

I'm a IT technician / DJ, from Northampton, just got me lovely 406 after getting rid of a pile-o-crap citroen Xantia.

I like walks in the park, gaming, and evenings in.

would like to meet a tune up shop for fun and frolics under my hood.

Must have GSOH as well as a MOT station and Trolley jack.

my figures are 2.0liter turbo with Climate control and auto rain washers 150bhp and cream leather seats.
1997 2.0l turbo executive 150bhp P--- BUD
Harshan
2.2 16v

Post by Harshan »

Hi all from all over the world,

It has been a while since I first joined this club and also I can't recall whether have I done any description about my self earlier. Anyways for me this is like a rebirth of 406 owners club with new interfaces and skins and of course with a good look.
Here I go..

I'm Harshan Senadhira based on Colombo, Sri Lanka. 28 year old married Senior Business Analyst in profession but strongly affected with "Peugeot mania" or rather "peugeot syndrome". I've been into Peugeot since 2002 with my first car which was a Peugeot 504, a great car and very hard to get rid of its memories.(check attached pics and http://www.504.150m.com) and it went up to collecting 3 504s by the early this year. two of them were diesel and one was petrol. At the same time I had the urge of moving into a new model with one condition, thats it should be a Peugeot. Vehicles are very expensive in Sri Lankan context and to buy a second hand 12 or 13 year old Japanese vehicle like Toyota Corolla you need to have a good sum of money (US$10,000-12,000). There's another fact with european vehicles in this country that is the price tags are little higher and common believe is that european vehicles are expensive to maintain. Then I did a survey to find out the latest but hard enough Peugeot model to make sure that I aint gonna get busted with expensive spare parts. I considered few criteria on this model survey, availability of vehicles in Sri Lanka, spare parts availability, prices of spare parts and not to mention the afford ability of the price of a second hand vehicle. Brand new Peugeot prices were sky high (ex:- 407 basic would've then cost US$ 65000) even the D9 prices were ranging between US$15000 ~ US$25000. So the only option was to settle down with a D8 considering the reliability electrics compared to its successor D9 :D.
I let go of my both diesel 504s and funded for the 406 and found a one which had minor fixes but yielding for a good offer, and now with those minor fixes done I'm on the road with my 406 and is my daily drive.
Attachments
406.JPG
(76.91 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
10042006(005).jpg
(108.74 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
17032006(009).jpg
(142.22 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
----------------------------------------------------------------
2007, 407SW HDi 2.0l
1980, Volkswagen GolfD 1.6l
-----------------------------------
1996, 1.8(8v), SL ( The BEST Peugeot I've ever had. It kept me working on it, fixing it almost every day, I miss you)
bargainbro
2.0 16v

Post by bargainbro »

Hi everyone!

My name is Tuukka, I´m 30 yers of age and I´m from Finland. I´ve also been suffering from a serious case of Peugeot -syndrome for a quite a few years now.9th
406 in the family, so no cure for this thing, I guess. I´m currently driving a -99/-00 facelift 406 (ST) with a 2,0 petrol engine. She´s got 160 000 km in and has just gone through some major changes in the suspension and steering. So the car at the moment feels like new. 8) It´s also got 18" wheels coming under for next summer, so no fun for the kids: holidays at the summer cottage have been cancelled. No way I´ll be able to drive 30km of bumpy gravelroad with that thing. Well, guess I´ll borrow the neighbours SUV for that :wink:

About me: I´m married, a proud father of two sons aged 4 and 7. I work with young people who have mental problems. Tough job, but like it. LOTS of challenges. I´m very much into music. In fact...It´s always been just music and music an music. I Like "Americana" and alternative country music (feel free to laugh :cheesy: ). I need to underline the word ALTERNATIVE. No, I don´t like Garth Brooks. I play guitar, banjo and mandolin myself. I also like sports and do play a little football.
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

Hi everyone :)
My name is Matthew, I'm 32 & live in Woking, Surrey, England
I've got 2 sons,4yrs & 1yr
I'm an IT consultant & part time mechanic/plumber/sparky for my family & friends :lol:
I got my first 406 D8 1.8lx last september just before son no2 was born (had to sell my '87 saab 900 convertible :cry: )
I lost this in the floods back in july :( The insurance company paid up though!!
I bought another off ebay for silly money but much better spec 406 D8 exec turbo :cheesy:
I'm gradually getting it into shape, sorted all the knocking noises out anyway & it's got brakes again! How the car had a fresh mot when I bought it is beyond me!!
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
MikeMac
1.8 8v

Post by MikeMac »

Hi all,

Thought I'd post a hello here before asking questions!

My name is Mike Macdonald and I live in Devon.

I'm just about to pick up a white 96(N) reg D8 1.9TD LX saloon at Christmas time.

It's had one owner from new, been garaged all its life and has only got 70K on the clock, so it's still in really good condition. It'll be used as an economical second car, as it now costs me over £500 per month to fuel my other car - thanks to Gordon and Tony's fuel taxes :shock: :evil:.

I'm pretty handy with a set of spanners, so will be doing all servicing and other work myself. Currently my only plan is to fit a set of standard alloys and see if I can release some more performance from the standard engine, hence joining here to ask questions about the niggles that need sorted).
DannyBoy
1.8 8v

Post by DannyBoy »

Hi all! My name's DannyBoy and I live in Burntwood, Staffordshire. I work on a Community Mental Health Team (that should come in useful on here!) I currently own a 2000 HDi LX with 50k on the clock. So far I have only fitted some interior covers, a tow bar and some wind deflectors on the front doors. I have a set of alloys waiting to be fitted and I have recently purchased a tuning chip (a proper one, not a £5 e-bay special) which I hope to fit soon.
I have a long affiliation with Pug's having owned a 205, 309 and a 405.
Right, that's me. Now, where do I get the OC stickers from??? :frown: :cheesy: :cheesy:
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

DannyBoy wrote:I work on a Community Mental Health Team (that should come in useful on here!)
:lol: He knows us already! :lol:
DannyBoy wrote:Right, that's me. Now, where do I get the OC stickers from??? :frown: :cheesy: :cheesy:
That'll be me mate 8) see this thread
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"