RFN Engine & Leather Seat

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

QUINNYAYE

RFN Engine & Leather Seat

Post by QUINNYAYE »

Hi all i am a new member to this site.

I have a 2001 406 LX and have blown engine. The engine code is RFN, do I have to replace the engine with the same or will any engine do?

In the meantime I have bought a 1999 406 V6 Estate, I have bought leather seats out of a saloon, now just realised the back ones are different in an estate. Is there anyway of converting these or would it be advisable to sell on?

If you can help please
Many Thanks
Paul
DaiRees
Site Admin

Re: RFN Engine & Leather Seat

Post by DaiRees »

Hiya mate, welcome :D

I dunno about the engine, but I do know you'll never get the back seats to fit so I'd sell them on and look out for a set from and estate. :wink:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi Paul. Another V6 estate, I hate you all! :evil: (can't get 'em here...)

Any engine? How about one from a lawnmower? :P According to Haynes (Book of Lies) you have a 2 litre petrol engine (code EW10J4 IFL5), Haynes also lists another EW series 2 litre - RFR (EW10J4 KL3), I've got no idea what the difference is, a quick glance through Haynes doesn't seem to help either. I suspect one's earlier than the other but I've no idea if it matters which you use, the only way to be sure it's all going to work with your engine management etc. is to get another RFN. You could ask Peugeot of course and if you're extremely lucky you might find someone with more than half a brain...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

QUINNYAYE wrote:In the meantime I have bought a 1999 406 V6 Estate, I have bought leather seats out of a saloon, now just realised the back ones are different in an estate.
D8 or D9? What colour and trim level? Fancy a swap for a sweet running '98 V6 saloon? :lol:

Whywhywhy didn't I hold out a bit longer for an estate? :cry:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

'cos your old motor was dead and you needed a new one sharpish?

jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

rfr is a straight swap for the rfn, just make sure whichever engine you get comes from a pug that had L4, either engines can be found in the 206 and 307
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
QUINNYAYE

Post by QUINNYAYE »

Thanks for the help.

My estate is a D9 Green in colour
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

As is mjb :P

(me too :mrgreen: )

mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

steve_earwig wrote:'cos your old motor was dead and you needed a new one sharpish?
No, I could have waited, but AndyV6's was going sooo cheap compared to the others at the time and the guy posting here meant a quick search told me what I needed to know about its recent problems... and it was a V6 :cheesy:

Still, I can't fault the car (apart from the dodgy noise from the NSR and the sh*t Tesco Value exhaust), it's just I really don't like the saloon's tiny boot. I'm going to be pilin' it high on the dropped back seat (WHY ISN'T THE BOTTOM PART HINGED??? :evil: ) when we go to Belgium next week!
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
mypugscool
1.8 16v

Post by mypugscool »

where abouts are you as im an upholsterer and any thing is possible i could take leather off of one bench seats and fit them to your bench im sure, im dorset poole area