washer jets smell

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

bosshogg
1.6 8v

washer jets smell

Post by bosshogg »

hi bosshogg here 8) 8) 8)

has any one ever had this,washed front screen with washer jets,got a vile smell once the screen was being washed,so i
lifted bonnet up and disconected the washer jet pipe, and ran bottle out of water, re filled it with new water,and re washed
the front screen, only to get the vile smell still there,the smell is of rottern eggs,the smell only lasts about 2 miniutes :evil:

bosshogg 8) 8) 8)

406 2.0 silver hdi lx estate
peugeot vivacity 50 cc moped
mg zr
mjb
Site Admin

Re: washer jets smell

Post by mjb »

Possibly mould and/or bacteria. Try flushing the system through a bit

Hang on. You got headlamp washers? Could be there, as they only activate when the lights are on so you may not have used them much over the summer...
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
swiss
3.0 24v

Post by swiss »

Bad smell is due to anaerobic bacteria i.e. stagnant water i.e. your washer system is full of manky water. Flush it through, as the man says. Maybe grab something like whitener for shirts, something with a bleaching agent in it. That'd kill your infection.
The man with no car

"Close the door on your way out, and don't forget your monkey."
bosshogg
1.6 8v

Post by bosshogg »

hi bosshogg here 8) 8) 8)

flushed system out and filled with clean water and half a bottle of miltons that they use to sterlise baby bottles with. left overnight and re flushed system filled with water and screen wash ,no more rotten egg smell. my estate car does not have
headlight washers as its only an lx, thanks for the replys.

bosshogg 8) 8) 8) silver 2.0 hdi lx estate on a 52 plate.