A christmas moan

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

A christmas moan

Post by Welly »

The ever-looming magic date is upon us making me ever more aware of how much work I'm being asked by clients to complete 'before the break' - yeah right, for it to sit on your desk for 10 days :roll: and the complete lack of buying anything for her indoors (even after me turning our house into a busy contract estimating office for the last 2 months) :frown: oh and my semi-completedness of the hall, stairs and landing project (commenced early October) :oops:

Anyone noticed the *horrific* driving of other road users this time of year? :shock: bloody hell it's like a public Banger Race.

Oh, and I'd like to kill all those on telly who 'count-down' to the big day :roll:

Oh, I'd also like to kill all those who work for Potterton domestic wall mounted condensing boilers because mine is displaying the early warnings of a (difficult to diagnose correctly) christmas holiday, lets blaim Dad, failure (ordered an ignition pcb and spark/probe set as a precaution, hope I was right).

Bah, humbug.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: A christmas moan

Post by Doggy »

Seasons greetings to you too, Welters old man!

I'll be ready...off to Germany tomorrow, complete replacement of factory cooling system to organise over the holiday, house half converted from one to two, no worries!

Every thing wil be sorted within 4 weeks or so 8)

Now what's the date today?
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Welly

Post by Welly »

dogslife wrote:Seasons greetings to you too, Welters old man!

I'll be ready...off to Germany tomorrow, complete replacement of factory cooling system to organise over the holiday, house half converted from one to two, no worries!

Every thing wil be sorted within 4 weeks or so 8)

Now what's the date today?
Flipping heck!

I moan a bit because christmas is THE ONLY time of year I can get a proper break from work and I long for it so much, (only had 5 days off in 2009, 50-60 hr weeks blah blah) if anyone upsets my break there's trouble.
Cars in my care:
jasper5
3.0 24v

Post by jasper5 »

I agree Welly, people are getting on my nerves as well.

Drivers are absolutely crazy right now.

My mot garage closes on friday until after the new year, guess what? I had 2 mots today that could have been done last week, one of them has failed but I haven't time to do it, so the mot garage is doing the work (Audi TT Quatro Turbo, broken front and rear spring).I have another one tomorrow that was out of test on the 10th....stupid people!!
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

You're not kidding about the dickheads on the roads. It's like everyone has broken up for christmas early and we poor b@stards still at work are fair game for kamikaze 4x4 drivers! :evil:
Not good on a bike I can tell you, especially with the clement weather we are having at the moment.
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
ianst28
2.2 16v
Location: sunny wirral (who am i kidding it's always bl&^%y raining)

Post by ianst28 »

it's even worse in the retail side of the christmas cheer (christmas cheer thats a f*&^%ng joke)
every customer has a face like a smacked arse and wants everything for nothing (no offence but if you think i'm gonna fit an £8 bulb to your megane for 45 mins in the cold and dark for free you need to up the medication)
head office seem to have forgotten that it's christmas and have upped the working hours to maximise the profits

and the kids want stuff that costs more than my bloody house

to top it all every w"£Nker who can drive (but probably shouldnt) SEEMS TO BE HEADING THE SAME WAY I AM EVERY DAY !!!!

rant over sorry
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!!!!
turbolag
Officer of the law!

Post by turbolag »

Drivers are crap, and getting worse. I'm not one for traffic process since I left RPU, but lately I'm dishing out FPNs like confetti.

Front fogs in broad-clear-as-you-like-daylight is a good 'un right now, and twots that don't dip at night until after you've come into view is another common one. i mean, wassitallabout?

90% of folk out there should grow up, get a life, chill, and slow down just a touch. Like the 911 driving twot yesterday that was weaving in and out the traffic on the A45 rather valiantly for 3 miles, but was then overtaken by me at the next roundabout by the simple expedient of taking my time, selecting an appropriate lane early and reading the road ahead. Less haste, more speed!

Still, i'm raking in some serious O/T this crimbo. If all goes to plan, and I can stay awake, and if the hossy don't call me in for a cancellation appointment for my operation, then I should break the £6k barrier this month for the first time ever, and I'm confidently predicting my taxes will lift the country out of recession!

Happy new year!
BruceT
2.0 Turbo

Post by BruceT »

Sidelights & Fog Lights (Day or night)

Dipped lights, 1 bulb out (Same car day in day out on my commute)

Dipped lights, 1 bulb out both fog lights on

Dipped lights, 1 bulb out, 1 fog on 1 blown.

Rear fog light on in daylight/night.

People driving too close

People drving on sidelights when its dark

People in car parks who drive through the car park with NO lights on.

People who start the engine, move off, get onto the road AND THEN put their seatbelt on

People who at night sit there with their foot on the brake (The light are blinding!!!!) same for LED Indicators lol USE THE HANDBRAKE.

General speeding +5mph or more. Really? You dont like me doing 40mph in 40mph limit in the dark, in damp condtions? TOUGH. Tailgating will make no difference to my speed (Faster or slower)

People in the wrong lanes (On purpose) to cut up in further up the queue and then THEY beep/gesture at me for not letting them in ( :oops: )

That will do for now
His: 1990 Volkswagen Golf II 1.8 GTi 8v.
Hers: 2000 "W" 406 Estate GLX HDi 90 (Bosch) @ 150k
http://www.gsdoc.co.uk German Shepherd Dog Owners Club
turbolag
Officer of the law!

Post by turbolag »

BruceT wrote: People who at night sit there with their foot on the brake (The light are blinding!!!!) same for LED Indicators lol USE THE HANDBRAKE.
I stuck someone on for that for the first time the other week, "used as to cause undue discomfort to another user of the road". Not in proper control either, but that's by the by. If nothing else I'll be saving them a fortune in warped brake discs from now on...

Useless fact...as you get older the sensitivity of your eyes shifts to the red end of the spectrum, so old gits like me find these especially uncomfortable.
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

What you going into hospital for turbo?
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
BruceT
2.0 Turbo

Post by BruceT »

turbolag wrote:
BruceT wrote: People who at night sit there with their foot on the brake (The light are blinding!!!!) same for LED Indicators lol USE THE HANDBRAKE.
I stuck someone on for that for the first time the other week, "used as to cause undue discomfort to another user of the road". Not in proper control either, but that's by the by. If nothing else I'll be saving them a fortune in warped brake discs from now on...

Useless fact...as you get older the sensitivity of your eyes shifts to the red end of the spectrum, so old gits like me find these especially uncomfortable.
Interesting, id love to be a Traffic Officer, id have a record for so many stops in one night 8)

Agreed about warped brake discs, too
Welly

Post by Welly »

I see a guy around with one headlight out, so what's he do about it? he sticks the fogs on to 'compensate' :roll:
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I'm with you for the brake lights, yes it hurts. Worse still though, is waiting for my other half outside the school where she works and have some dozy tart pull up to collect her brats a meter in front in her massive 4x4 shopping trolley and leave her lights on right in my eyes, so I either have to put my sunglasses on, get out or move the car. There's also a level crossing near here I have to cross to go anywhere, it's ramped so the headlamps of the facing car are tipped up right in your eyes. I turn mine off but few others do :evil: :evil: Of course, if you're not at the front you have a face full of brake lights to compensate :roll:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
BruceT
2.0 Turbo

Post by BruceT »

Steve, something I do to be courtious to over drivers is when say in 'McDonalds' ( :wink: ) drive thru, at night * waiting in the queue is turn my dipped lights off to sidelights to save poor peoples eyes.*

Unless the 'person' in front insists on leaving their foot on brake then my headlights stay on lol.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Just had a delightful trip back from Stansted in the snow. Every few miles I cought up with some brain donor with rear fogs on - absolutley no sense in it, you could see ordinary tail lights half a mile or so ahead, but in heavy snow and a high wind, these things make it almost impossible to see the road.

After 5 ot 10 mins alternating between 2nd & 3rd gears we got overtaken by a big truck. Trucker's high enough up not to be blinded, so I managed to follow him up the outside lane at about 30, just hung back enough to be safe. Must've passed another 4 or 5 of these idiots, before the snow eased between Cambridge & Huntingdon.

Turbo, is it not the case that they can be fined up to £1,000 for misuse of fog lights? (instead of the £30 fixed price ticket one in 10 million of them get once in a lifetime).

If you want a way to collect enough loot to counter the recession, program these ANPR gadgets to record the plate number & issue a ticket for every moron passing one with their fogs on when they shouldn't. Repeat process for every camera they pass. That'd sort it.

[/rant (for now)]
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)