FS - 406 V6 3.0 GTX Auto, spares/repair

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

V6GTX
1.6 8v

FS - 406 V6 3.0 GTX Auto, spares/repair

Post by V6GTX »

2000 406 GTX V6 Auto, Silver, 183,000 miles. MOT to 26 March. Spares or repair.

I've had the car from new. It was initially my company car and I bought it in 2003 so I'm the second owner although its only keeper. It's one of the first built with the later version of the V6 engine ES9J4S.

It's been a good car up until December, never needing any major repairs. Driving it along, I felt a slight roughness. It wasn't the road surface but a misfire and the Check Engine light came on. The symptoms were the same as previous occasions when a coil pack failed. Diagnostics showed coil problems on cylinder 5 which is the middle on the rear row. I took it to my usual workshop and asked them to change all the coil packs which they did but this didn't fix it. Changing the spark plug didn't either. At this point, as it's clearly a more serious problem, I'm throwing in the towel. The workshop is closing soon as the owner is well past retirement age and his senior tech has left, which is a contributing reason for selling. The car can be driven on 5 cylinders but you wouldn't want to take it a long way.

I put 4 new tyres on it last year for the MOT - Michelin Cross Climate 205/60 R15 - which have only done about 3000 miles. There's a pic of one of them so you can see the tread.

The airbag light is now on. Previously when this has happened I've been able to fix it by separating the connectors under the front seats, cleaning and re-attaching.

Last year the ignition lock failed. It had a new one fitted but the immobiliser was never changed to the new key so the old key has been kept in place under the dash to satisfy the immobiliser sensor.

Central locking no longer works due to the remaining key electronics no longer working properly.

No rust. Paint is fine as the car has been garage kept for most of its life but there are a few marks and a small scrape on the rear passenger side. I have the security code card that came with the car. Cam belt last changed in 2018. New battery at the end of 2019.

£500. Buyer will need to collect or I can deliver within 20 miles. Sorry, but I'm not willing to sell individual parts off the car. Located within a short distance of M4 Junction 8/9.

Garaged at present. I will need to use the garage when I get another car so if there's no interest here the car will have to be scrapped, sorry in advance.

Attachments
Front-tyre.jpg
(219.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Rear-side.jpg
(159.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
engine.jpg
(243.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Interior.jpg
(199.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Front2.jpg
(200.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Front1.jpg