HimBigChief's 406 Breaking - Definately this time!

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

jonsowman
3.0 24v

Re: HimBigChief's 406 Breaking - Definately this time!

Post by jonsowman »

Thanks very much :)

I don't suppose you managed to find the radio power button or the ext temp sensor? They're both proving a bit of a nightmare to get hold of!

I'll definitely have the MFD, MFD connector, door moulding, and rad+bottom hose from you though.
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

Yeah found a power button. Not managed to find the temp sensor yet, but I definately have one somewhere.

I'll need to get some time so I can get the rad and hose off. Not too sure when that'll be atm. I'm hoping I may get a liitle bit of time on Wednesday and possibly at the weekend, but I don't get much time to do stuff what with the missus having horses so I have to look after the little one fairly regularly.
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Oh excellent, thanks!

I'm at university at the moment so would it be possible to have the MFD/connector/temp sensor/power button posted to my uni address, and the rad/hose/moulding (when you get time) to my home address?

I will of course cover the additional postage costs. If this is too much hassle for you then don't worry -- it can all be posted to uni when you get time.

You've got my number if this is easier to discuss over the phone, and let me know when you can post -- will PM you address.
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Hi mate,

Hit a massive dip in the road today and completely destroyed my undertray, don't suppose yours is in reasonable condition? If so, how much are you after? I need a replacement one quite desperately!

Cheers :)
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

HimBigChief wrote:Yes the pads are still here fella, I still haven't had chance to jack it up and check yet, but I should hopefully get round to getting it on axle stands/breeze blocks tomorrow.
? 8)
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

Right, managed to find the temp sensor too, so got that, the radio power button and the MFD and associated wiring here now.

OdinEdolon - still waiting on my mate bringing some breeze blocks round so I can get it up off the ground. Will get back to you as soon as he gets his arse in gear and the wheels are off.
Image Image
'98 2.1TD Executive Daily Drive........................................'94 309 Goodwood Project Car
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

HimBigChief wrote:Right, managed to find the temp sensor too, so got that, the radio power button and the MFD and associated wiring here now.

OdinEdolon - still waiting on my mate bringing some breeze blocks round so I can get it up off the ground. Will get back to you as soon as he gets his arse in gear and the wheels are off.
No problem. This week here Lidls are selling those three legged stuff you use to keep the car up for 10£ a couple, guess I'm gonna get a set for when I need to change the brakes. 8)
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

I've got axle stands, but I need them for doing work on my other cars, so can't afford for them to be stuck under the 406 as it's gonna be sat there for a while, hence the breeze blocks.
Image Image
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

HimBigChief wrote:Right, managed to find the temp sensor too, so got that, the radio power button and the MFD and associated wiring here now.
That's great, I'll PM you the address for those. Let me know how you want paying, I can do Paypal Gift, bank transfer, etc.

Any thoughts on the undertray by the way? 8)
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

Oh yeah, the undertray, are you serious? On a car as low as mine was? Not a chance matey! :lol:
Image Image
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Haha no problem, I thought I might as well ask!

See your PMs for address :)
HimBigChief
3.0 24v

Post by HimBigChief »

Right, bits now boxed up.

Omega, sorry for the delay. Managed to get the protectors packaged up properly so hopefully they'll survive the trip. Will get the courier booked this evening to collect tomorrow.

Jonsowman, got your bits in a box now so let me know details re payment and I'll get them sent off for you.

Anyone else for any more bits before I start eBaying parts? Not that much gone atm, but most of the interior is now stripped and in the boot.

Cheers

James
Image Image
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Thanks, see your PMs, and let me know how you'd like me to pay.

I'll also have the radiator, bottom hose and door moulding as previously discussed, once you've had a chance to get them off the car. :)
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Hi mate, how much do all 4 pads weight? Also, can you give me a couple of part numbers or something? There are so many different types stated on SB I can't get my head around them.

gwinter
1.6 8v

Post by gwinter »

Hi James, hope I'm not too late yet. I'm looking for small bits and pieces.

Firstly is the bolt at the rear that holds the floor console down. I mean the floor console where the cig lighter and handbrake lever are located. It's number 70 in this picture.
floorCon.jpg
Floor console
(42.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Second one is the screw which hold the dash to the aircond blower housing. I can't seem to find this one in ServiceBox. Anyway, if you dismantle number 2 in the picture above at the passenger side, you will be able to see it. Maybe I can take a photo of it.
I have only one of each because someone at a garage must have thought it'd be more convenient to only fix back one of the screws/bolts.

And what about the boot badge? Mine is missing since long, haven't found a replacement yet.