Complete audio, Xbox 360, games, Blu-ray player etc setup.

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

Mastiff
2.0 16v

Complete audio, Xbox 360, games, Blu-ray player etc setup.

Post by Mastiff »

I am selling my complete audio, Xbox, games, blu-ray player, dvd player, amp etc setup on Ebay.

Here is the link......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220868755485? ... 108wt_1270

Any questions.....Please ask.

Thanks

Paul :)
Mastiff
2.0 16v

Re: Complete audio, Xbox 360, games, Blu-ray player etc setu

Post by Mastiff »

Feel free to make offers :wink:

I have put on the ad' that it is advertised elsewhere. I have to say......It is a fantastic setup but I am now going for the Sony setup. I drive my fiancee mad as I have electrical items for a few months, get bored then sell them for dirt cheap!
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Keep the x-box mate theyre better than sony :mrgreen:

iknow the X-box live is abit of ajoke compared to the Sony but, ithink its a totaly better console,

i flung my ps3 in abox after claiming my sons x box 360, sort of got Hooked on The Red dem redemption, :mrgreen:

Seems to be a Better choice of Games for the x box compared to the sony too,
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

lozz wrote:Seems to be a Better choice of Games for the x box compared to the sony too
Such as?

The PS3 is a very polished product; the fact that it has a built-in Blu Ray player and is capable of playing 3D Blu Ray and games in 3D gives it a real advantage over the XBox 360 in terms of being a multimedia platform and gaming console.

It's true that the PS3 came out a fair while after the XBox, and during that time Microsoft ensured there were a lot of games on the market. These days, there are comparatively few platform exclusives on either platform (i.e. games are released for both consoles) including Red Dead Redemption.

I'm surprised you picked up on XBox Live being a joke compared to Sony's Playstation Online experience, as it's the one thing most people praise about the XBox over the PS3. Sony's offering is a bit lacklustre by comparison - the only real advantage it seems to have is that it's free, where XBox Live isn't.

Also, there's that old Red Ring of Death (RRoD) problem that seems to have plagued the 360 since its release - I'm told that as many as a 3rd of 360s have had to go back to Microsoft for repair - I know some people who are on their 3rd or 4th 360 (having bought the replacements themselves in some cases). While I know the PS3 has the "Yellow Light of Death" problem, it's far less common. My PS3 hasn't faltered once since I got it, and I got it when the PS3 was new to the market; I have one of the original 60 GB models that can play PS1 and PS2 games (though I upgraded the hard drive to a 640GB model).

Incidentally, looking at the eBay link, he's got an original XBox, it's not even a 360. They're no comparison; they're not much better than the PlayStation 2 was.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

highlander wrote:Also, there's that old Red Ring of Death (RRoD) problem that seems to have plagued the 360 since its release - I'm told that as many as a 3rd of 360s have had to go back to Microsoft for repair
http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/24/micr ... te-report/
Estimated 54.2%, not refuted by MS. Thankfully my original Elite is still going strong...
Incidentally, looking at the eBay link, he's got an original XBox, it's not even a 360. They're no comparison; they're not much better than the PlayStation 2 was.
Wrong. It's a 360. The original xbox looks like this:

What a glorious machine that was. Bought mine for £20 *after* they stopped making games for it, bought a load of games for pennies which I duly coped to its HDD to play. Put XBMC on it and had a brilliant media player, which would even upscale DVDs, mpeg, divx, etc to 1080i, although due to the lack of hardware decoding could only play back 1080i mpeg streams at about 1 frame a second... Nowadays I use XBMC on a diskless Acer Revo :) Sits in-between my 360 and my PS3 - they're all good.
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

Oh, whoops - I forgot they made some in black too :S

Still maintain the PS3 is the better system, but I recognize the 360 is a pretty decent gaming platform too.

54% of systems returned with RROD? Bloody hell! :shock:
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Xbox live is a joke fact! See watchdog on what they did,

the 1st xbox console was 90% better than ps2 couid you store aload of music on the ps2
and the ps2 gave out that Green apearance,ididnt rate them,

Games, all the good Games come out on the xboxs 1st, ps3 goes to the back of the que for top games ithink,

RROD bash a console and thats what you get, yup it will overheat,
however the new xbox console we have gets bashed for hours, had no problem with it,

the ps3 is prone for virus, had to have our ps3 repaired 3times, because of this,

old xbox in the ebay listing, dont think anyone wouid be botthering bidding on it if it was, you can get the old consoles for as little as £10
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

lozz wrote:Xbox live is a joke fact! See watchdog on what they did,
Still none the wiser, sorry
lozz wrote:the 1st xbox console was 90% better than ps2 couid you store aload of music on the ps2
and the ps2 gave out that Green apearance,ididnt rate them,
The PS2 didn't have a built-in hard drive and was designed to be a games console, period. In terms of processing power, the XBox was a better machine than the PS2, but then it came out a lot later than the PS2 did.
lozz wrote:Games, all the good Games come out on the xboxs 1st, ps3 goes to the back of the que for top games ithink,
Most games are released simultaneously on all the major platforms. It makes no sense to game publishers to have to run three advertising campaigns for the same title; just release the title on all formats on the same day and you only have to run one campaign.
lozz wrote:RROD bash a console and thats what you get, yup it will overheat,
however the new xbox console we have gets bashed for hours, had no problem with it,
If it overheats through continued use, it's badly designed. I know of people who keep their PS3s on almost 24/7 running the Folding@Home application when they're not using it, with no ill effect.
lozz wrote:the ps3 is prone for virus, had to have our ps3 repaired 3times, because of this,
Sorry but that's utter bollocks. To the best of my knowledge there are no viruses in the wild for any Playstation - I've just had a look online and found no trace of any confirmed news story about it (I follow tech news pretty closely as a matter of course; this would have been all over Slashdot (http://slashdot.org) if it was confirmed).

You've either been had, or the machine broke for some reason and the guy trying to fix it told you a pack of sh*t. What symptoms did your PS3 display?
lozz wrote:old xbox in the ebay listing, dont think anyone wouid be botthering bidding on it if it was, you can get the old consoles for as little as £10
Fair point, but I reckoned if he was selling it as part of an "entertainment system" package, he could've just thrown it in with the rest. I also failed to notice the title of the thread, which says "Xbox 360" :)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

My ps3 froze locked up, it wouidnt let you reset it back to factory settings,
was confirmed by computer shop as virus,

isaw a video on you tube on how to Format them, by getting it to boot up withought the sony os, Abit like going into Dos,
bit of a polava but it worked,

sony dosent tell you how to do this tho, :mrgreen:

my son was downloading Game demos, it was ok before that, so itook the chaps word for it as being virused.
CalamityJames
2.0 16v

Post by CalamityJames »

Forza Motorsport 4. [/conversation]

*shakes hornets nest*
Peugeot 406 D8 2.1 TD GLX Estate running on Bosch VE fuel pump and SVO.
MPG and SVO tracker:
Image Image
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

[conversation]Gran Turismo 5

*sprays hornets nest with flammable insect repellent and sets it on fire using a flame thrower*

Also, Lozz, there's no PS3 viruses. You've probably ended up with a knackered hard drive, which can stop the system from booting properly. Most of the PS3 OS is held in Flash memory, which is why it's so easy to upgrade the hard drive - if it's had a system update and it's trying to load it off a knackered drive during system boot, that will stop it from booting.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Forza 2 was good
Forza 3 was ok
GT5 I'm still playing, but is better
Forza 4... will play after Skyrim... Hoping it's better than GT5

Which console will I get Skyrim for? I have no idea. If there's a current firmware jailbreak for the PS3 by then, then the PS3 else I'll get it for the xbox. The PS3 controller is much better than the xbox's and it does play blu-rays, but xbox live is DAMN good. The only problem with my 360 is the fans are horrendously loud. Got to get round to "fixing" it some day
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

I prefer Elder Scrolls games on PC. I hate playing first-person games using anything other than keyboard & mouse. Besides, with the PC versions, you can download a wide variety of mods, which you can't do on consoles.

GT5 is brilliant, I've been playing it pretty much all year. There's talk of downloadable content (DLC) coming for it soon too, with new cars and tracks.
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

lozz the ps3 is much better than the 360 ...... by far ..... :mrgreen:
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

highlander wrote:I prefer Elder Scrolls games on PC. I hate playing first-person games using anything other than keyboard & mouse. Besides, with the PC versions, you can download a wide variety of mods, which you can't do on consoles.
With a PC you need to spend lots of money every year on a new graphics card with nasty whiny fans and stupid power requirements, and then use something horrible like vista or win7...

I'll stick with my £30 fanless gfx cards thanks :lol: