D9 Exec estate HDI Breaking

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

stealthe
2.0 16v

D9 Exec estate HDI Breaking

Post by stealthe »

I'm looking to change my car so the 406 is going. If it doesn't go on here I'll be px'ing it.

Registered 27/10/2000, it's not a new car. It has rust bubbles along the front edge of the bonnet and the black trim below the side windows is bubbled. The 'chrome' trim is almost all white.
The front fogs are foggy and almost every panel has a ding or stone chip. Both bumpers are scuffed. It's workhorse rather than concourse.
Inside is better, the leather is showing signs of use, a few scuffs and creases but there are no tears that I'm aware of. Its got all the exec toys, except nav, and everything works except the A/C.
The illumination on the right hand temp gauge and the speedo needle has died, although it passed the mot like it. I have the dash from my GTX that should plug straight in, but that has 300+k on the clock. The centre seatbelt sometimes jams when the seat is folded, and 'breaks' the plastic trim on top of the seat.
It has a towbar and double electrics which worked when I first tested them, but I haven't used the S socket on the road and the N hasn't been used in months. The mounting plate for the sockets has rusted through and broken.
The engine and gearbox seem fine, and I'm getting 58-60 MPG and over 1000 miles on a tank, I have the fuel receipts to verify this.
It has a service book stamped up to 118195, old mots and bills. I got it with 137k on the clock. It now has 169k.Its had the oil changed a couple of times in the past year.
It needs tyres and cambelt soon.

It's taxed 'til 30/04/12 and tested 'til 16/05/12.

£500 gets the car and the chance to swap some parts that I have laying around, to 'pretty' it up a little. (wheels,clocks,trim parts)

The car has to go as I don't have space on the drive, so if its still here when I find a replacement it'll be traded in.
I will not be breaking it, so don't ask for parts!

I live near Bedford, a mile from the A1 and work six days a week near Cambridge, on the A14. If you want to view/test drive PM for contact details.

I'll try to sort out a few more pics soon.

stealthe
Last edited by stealthe on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Re: D9 Exec estate HDI For sale

Post by Gary406 »

£500 seems very cheap. i dont see why this car woulnt fetch £800 on ebay easy. 8)

good luck with the sale mate 8)
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
stealthe
2.0 16v

Post by stealthe »

I need to shift it and I haven't got time for haggling. I've tried to be brutally honest in the description.
Its not a perfect example but it seems pretty solid and should do someone a decent turn.

stealthe
stealthe
2.0 16v

Post by stealthe »

And......................... it's back again! My brother has had this car for a couple of years and it has been worked hard. His other half learned to drive in it and used it daily for the trip to the farm with the dogs. The inside is covered in mud, dog and horse hair and has that special smell of wet dog. Outside it has even more dings and rust.
It was finally retired after losing a fight with a deer. It made it way here under its own power but it won't be driving away. In a couple of weeks this is going to the scrapyard.
So for parts only, (unless you really want a project!) ask now. There is also a GTX HDI estate next to it which is also going, so plenty of parts.

stealthe
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Re: D9 Exec estate HDI Breaking

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi, my old car used to house a couple of Alsatians with the previous owner - I put up with the smell for 2 years but when another bargain 406 came up I got shot of it...

Out of interest, what is the rear passenger door like? I guess the estate is China Blue...

Also, if it had electric seats, I would be interested in the switches from the drivers seat.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
stealthe
2.0 16v

Post by stealthe »

I have a collection of doors here. Not sure what the colours are called, but I have the dark blue as in the first post, metallic red of the same age and a paler blue from a 52 plate.
I think they all have glass, locks and loom still on them.

I'll hold on to the seat switches for the moment in case someone wants the seats.
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

What sort of seats are they , any chance of a foto ??
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron
stealthe
2.0 16v

Post by stealthe »

Tired black leather, with memory. I'll try to get a pic or two in daylight. The armrest for the drivers seat is broken. There's also a grey set from the GTX, with electric adjustment, no memory .
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

Cheers , grey ones sound interesting ...
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron
stealthe
2.0 16v

Post by stealthe »

Some quick pics of seats.

stealthe
2.0 16v

Post by stealthe »

Couple more.

Puggy2