2.0 HDi engine and Box

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

plod
3.0 24v

2.0 HDi engine and Box

Post by plod »

2.0 HDi 110 engine and gearbox

New clutch 10k ago at cost of £330
Will be complete unit, although starter motor fried
Uses no oil or water
Can include the remapped ECU but probably only good for a D8????
Will chuck in the intercooler and pipework as well

£300 collected ?
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
Janey
1.6 8v

Re: 2.0 HDi engine and Box

Post by Janey »

Hay Plod. Are you a policeman then?
Janey here. I was enjoying my new 406 until I took it for a drive in some heavy rain a few weeks ago. I've just had the confirmation through that it's conrods. I read the forum conversation about flood warmings too late.
I am opting not to scrap my beloved 406 and would like to find a replacement engine. I have a v reg 2.0 HDi, so you engine would fit in great I presume.
It's only really the engine I'm after, and with the pipes and bits too even better.
How many miles has the engine done?
Where do you live for the pick up?
and I'm curious to know why the car was broken down, hopefully nothing to do with the engine. More info would be useful.

Many Thanks
Janey
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

No, not a policeman, just a nickname given to me when i was 13, and still here 30 years later lol

Mileage is high at 186k, but oil changed every 6k
I'm in LE10 (SW Leicestershire)

I had a short on the ignition wiring, which meant the starter stuck on, and burnt the starter motor out
I just decided that after 6.5 years of trying to do it up the best I could, it was time to move on

The engine uses no oil or water, and despite the mileage, I reckon is good for many more miles.
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

@Janey

Dont let the highmileage put you off,

Plod has looked after the engine realy well, the car was his pride and joy until, hail storm damaged the bodywork on the car.

anyone on here will tell you the same,
Janey
1.6 8v

Post by Janey »

Thanks for the info, i'm sure it's a great engine but fingers crossed I wont need it.
I've saved my 406 from the fate insurance claim and got it back. Had it checked over by a mate and all seems fine and been driving it around for all week.
(Thought it was a total loss with water damage, i know a heck of a lot about pistons and air intake pipes etc and i've learnt a heck of a lot about shoddy rip off insurance companies). Anyway, I'm very pleased that I have my lovely car back.

How unfair that hail damaged your car, i'd be gutted.

janey