406 V6 rear mount bracket requiured

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

angru

406 V6 rear mount bracket requiured

Post by angru »

Hi. I'm in Australia doing a manual conversion on a D8 V6.. I've got it almost back together and discovered that the rear engine mount alloy bracket that supports the driveshaft bearing is different on the auto to the manual car. Think the part number is 181602.
Wondered if anybody has a mount they'd be prepared to sell me and if it could be posted to Australia? We didn't get many manual V6s in Australia.
I'm not in immediate need of this as somebody in Australia is lending me a bracket until I can get one, but will need to replace his one in the next month or so.
I believe D8 and D9 versions are interchangable, so providing the car is manual V6 it should be correct.
Thanks for any help.
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: 406 V6 rear mount bracket requiured

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi there :cheesy:

Not sure if you'll have much luck on here as V6s are few and far between, you'd probably be better off on the coupe club where they're more plentiful (http://www.406coupeclub.org/ ) more specifically asking for ade1122 who breaks mostly coupes and ships all over the place. He's on ebay as well but I suspect you'll be better off contacting him through the coupe club.

Just looking in service box, looks like that bracket only fits the ES9J4 (manual, any year), not the S:
mount.jpg
(143.88 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
All the best!
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
angru

Re: 406 V6 rear mount bracket requiured

Post by angru »

Thanks for the reply. Will check out that coupe site.
Yes, that part number is for the es9j4... The later one for the es9j4s is part number 181616. I'm told they are interchangeable and the later one has a different method of retaining the driveshaft bearing (think it's got a part that slides off and makes it easier to change shaft).