Wanted..406 Estate seats

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

Wanted..406 Estate seats

Post by hullcitytilidie »

I'm looking for a nice interior, preferably electric, in leather or half leather. Will travel for a nice set. Best regards, Geoff.
2003 2.2 HDi 136 Exec estate.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Wanted..406 Estate seats

Post by PeterN »

Have you had a look on ebay for a scrapper?

Peter
hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

PeterN wrote:Have you had a look on ebay for a scrapper?

Peter
Yes but they are very few and far between with most being in poor condition. Looks like I'll have to play the waiting game. :frown:
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Peter,
The o.p asked for an estate interior the links you posted both show saloon car's, the rear seat is different :roll:
Also commented on all the one's listed on ebay being in poor condition just like the two you have listed :shock:
I am afraid most 406 have done north of 150k now & have led a hard life :frown:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

The black ones are for an estate - but I agree they are not in great condition.
My old 406 leather seats had covered nearly 200k and were in excellent condition - I guess it depends on the usage..
Keep looking :-)
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Ah, didn't realise the estate seats were different. I must admit the black ones do look past their best but they are all beginning to look a bit like that now.

I got a nice interior with beige/cream cloth electric seats from a GLX for £50 from ebay, not leather but they look nice and are comfortable.

Peter
hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

Well everything comes to he who waits! Had a great day out stripping an Exec estate same year and colour of mine, went home with a full black leather interior and a load more goodies to keep me busy for a while. Have now got all the seats and door cards swapped over and all the dash trim changed, everything now in my favourite black with walnut trim. Can now take my time fitting the new auto dimming mirror and getting the door card lights working (no wiring in place in my car :cry: ). I bypassed the seat ecu for now following the how to on the forum but have all the wiring and seat ecu for getting the memory working if I ever get around to it but am in no rush to do that.I'm well pleased, she's looking lovely! Regards Geoff.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Hi Geoff - keep the electric seat switch from your drivers cloth seat, and use this to bypass your memory ECU.
Its a straight fit but you just need to reverse the polarity - as when you move the seat button forwards, it will go backwards.
Did you get all the lower black dash stuff too, including the headlight adjustment surround..?
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
hullcitytilidie
1.8 8v

GingerMagic wrote:Hi Geoff - keep the electric seat switch from your drivers cloth seat, and use this to bypass your memory ECU.
Its a straight fit but you just need to reverse the polarity - as when you move the seat button forwards, it will go backwards.
Did you get all the lower black dash stuff too, including the headlight adjustment surround..?
My old cloth seats were manual - But was an easy job to wire up bypassing the ecu. Though I have to admit that I fell for the reverse polarity! :cheesy: The lower dash stuff was already black so it was just a matter of changing the surrounds on the vents, speedo etc. and the heating controls, sat nav etc. in the centre, then glovebox trim, ashtray etc. in walnut.

I'm given to understand it is a PITA to get the puddle lights to work even if the wiring was in place? Something about full mux and BSI's or summat? :cry: So off the top of my head i'm thinking of taking a permanant live feed from the door to the puddle light then to an earth doorswitch for each door? Or is there a proper way? Best regards Geoff.