1998 406 1.8 LX Saloon For Sale

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

Duncan76

1998 406 1.8 LX Saloon For Sale

Post by Duncan76 »

Good Afternoon 406ers,

First off - I confess that I'm one of those annoying people that has joined your forum to advertise a car but if you can forgive me, please read on.....!

My folks are looking to sell a white 1998 406 1.8 saloon in the next few weeks. It has been in the family since 1999 when I bought it from Peugeot having been a company car - it was the first car I ever bought which I got when I started my graduate job hence my desire to see it go to a good home! I ran it until around 2005 when I sold it to my mum who has used it as a spare car for tootle-ing around ever since, although as they get older they just don't need two cars any more.

It has an MOT until June this year; it has been the most reliable car any of us can remember owning and it starts first time even in winter! It is totally original apart from the addition of a Clarion CD player which was dealer-fitted, the tyres are decent (the spare is new). No real rust to speak of that we can see but being 20 years old there is the odd stone chip, and the radiator leaks a little, but it is perfectly able to stay on the road for a while yet. The interior trim is all there and clean but the back lights to the clock and odometer have gone, though the latter still records the mileage accurately - it's on just under 121,000 miles. It has been serviced each year and the cam belt has been regularly changed.

Open to offers really - continued use preferred, after that spares to keep another 406 on the road - both are better than scrap! A link to the add with pictures is below, or give me a call on 07870 571219. The car is in West Lancashire. As I say in the advert, the monetary value is not the real issue - a good home for this much loved and still rather stylish car is preferred.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... 98/6985870

Thanks, Duncan.
Duncan76

Re: 1998 406 1.8 LX Saloon For Sale

Post by Duncan76 »

Still available if anyone is interested..... £200 or sadly the scrap man will be rubbing his hands.

Cheers, Duncan.