Hydraulic clutch set up

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

shonkers
1.8 16v

Hydraulic clutch set up

Post by shonkers »

Hi guys i'm after the hydraulic clutch sealed set up that includes the master and slave cylinders and reservoir, i changed the clutch recently due to release bearing giving up the ghost and jamming itself onto the input shaft but the pedal still goes to the floor and no way of bleeding the bleeding thing, there's one on fleabay £130 but after shelling out £98 for clutch thought i'd try here first cheers
shonkers
1.8 16v

Re: Hydraulic clutch set up

Post by shonkers »

I should have mentioned it's a 96 2.1td i think iv'e seen a thread stating which other cars have the same system but iv'e forgotten i'll have another search if that would help cheers
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

2.1td, 2.0 turbo and early (D8) HDi's. The V6 was apparently different - I thought they were the same but I just checked Service Box to see if they were still available but they're all NLS now :(

I've always wondered if it would be possible to convert to the D8 HDi system, which has speperate components, a bleed nipple and uses the brake fluid reservoir.

Any chance you could force the lid off the reservoir, get some fluid in there and hang it in the hope it self-bleeds?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
shonkers
1.8 16v

Post by shonkers »

I saw a thread which some models have same slave and another model has same master but you need different pedal cluster, i already took the reservoir lid off bit wary cos of the warnings not to and it came off very easily its made of soft rubber i was armed with big screwdriver and prybar but didnt need them i just prised it off with my fingers, anyway there was no fluid in there and no sign of any leak so filled it up and tried back bleeding it using pushrod on slave but to no avail got some bubbles and dirty fluid rising but pedal still on the floor, i think when the bearing jammed the extra pressure blew a seal somewhere, ive seen a new one on fleabay for £130, i'll trawl the scrappys first cheets
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Just checking Service Box, the pedal's different but the bracket's the same, as is the clutch fork.

It's up to you how you fix it, it's just been on my mind since the sealed system went obsolete and it was bothering me that otherwise good cars were going to go to scrap because of it.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.