7 seater wanted

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

nickrose137
1.8 8v

7 seater wanted

Post by nickrose137 »

My extended family and I are going to a wedding over the August bank holiday weekend, so we'll need a 7 seater. I've looked at the cost of hiring an MPV or a minibus for that weekend, and it's eye-watering. So in the spirit of "Better the devil you know", do any of you have a 7 seater 406 anywhere near Horsham in Sussex that will be available from Thursday 23 August, to buy or even hire? Condition unimportant as long as it'll get us from Sussex to Bath and back and is clean-ish inside! Thanks, Nick
trufflehunt
3.0 24v

Re: 7 seater wanted

Post by trufflehunt »

I seem to recall that van rentals are quite cheap on weekends.

Have you considered perhaps a white Transit, with some added comfort options for the passengers ?

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/ ... HAQAvD_BwE
Last edited by trufflehunt on Fri May 25, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Toyota Yaris 1.0 T3
1993 Mazda MX5 Mk1 1.6
2000 "W" HDI 110 Executive Saloon (Recycled).
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

About 3 years ago I hired a Peugeot 5008 for a weekend, collect Friday Night, return Monday Morning, it was £89.00 and seated 7.

Even if you could hire something and it cost £130/150 I'd still call that better value than all the agro you'll find with a "new" car. I think without fail every car I've bought needs something doing straight away be it tyres, brakes, battery, a service etc.....
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

If i still had mine I would let you borrow it - however once the boot seats are occupied there is very little space left for luggage, unless you have a roof box.

If you are travelling light, a 7 seater is fine, just bear in mind the little ones are travelling at 70mph backwards - much potential for redecorating the rear window with diced carrots....

Shop around for hire ones, £100 sounds a lot but I believe the pros will outweigh the cons.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
nickrose137
1.8 8v

Post by nickrose137 »

Thank you all for your feedback - even the white van suggestion. (I like your thinking :lol: . My wife, on the other hand...) But I've not seen a people carrier for hire for that long weekend for less than about £300, and nothing closer than Gatwick Airport or Brighton. Probably just in an expensive part of the country :(