FREE 406 HDI! NOW GONE

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

lawman27
1.6 8v

FREE 406 HDI! NOW GONE

Post by lawman27 »

Hi All,

My much loved 406 hdi 90 saloon has reached the end of its life with me. Its MOT'd to October but I had a pre-mot and my mechanic says needs new rear drums, shoes and handbrake cable, plus £400 worth of welding on the sills. Its got 170k on and a scruffy fading bonnet, plus a small dent in the front wing. I cant weld and dont have a garage, so I am looking for something else.

However, I have had the car 15 years and it has never wanted for anything. Despite scruffiness, it runs perfectly, has never broken down or fialed to start, is relatively nippy thanks to a +30 bhp remap, and still averages 40mpg commuting. Oh, and has a good stereo with parrot bluetooth built in.

I love him too much to scrap him, so if anyone has a garage and a welder, there's plenty of life left in the car and he's free to a good home. I'm based in Glossop, Derbyshire, if anyone's interested?

Have now added pics to pics forum or can pm more to anyone who is interested.

20/8/20-Went to local mechanic yesterday.
Last edited by lawman27 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NinoB
2.2 16v

Re: FREE 406 HDI! YES, FREE

Post by NinoB »

Send me the pictures let show a friend
GrandVitara

Post by GrandVitara »

Hi,

My friend is after a daily and he's a welder, also from Manchester. If you want it to go to a good home we would definitely be interested! :)
lawman27
1.6 8v

Post by lawman27 »

I would also add I have been checking my records and in the last 20,000 miles he's had all engine belts and pulleys replaced, all fluids flushed and replaced, new front springs and shockers, new front calipers and pads and new alternator. Tyres are Dunlop, dipped beams are LED, main beams are nightbreakers.

Have now added pics to pics forum