Brake booster RHD

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

Luketheduke44
1.8 8v

Brake booster RHD

Post by Luketheduke44 »

Good morning everyone!

Im looking for a brake booster for a RHD estate 2002, not sure actually if there is any difference between pre-facelift and facelift models.
I've found quite a fee located in Latvia, which would be coolio for me because im from Austria and that would mean no customs. However most of them are covered in rust, which doesn't affect the functions necessarily
just seems a bit shady..
I was hoping that someone here might even has the part lying around or is breaking a car and would be ready to ship it to Vienna. As always im ready to pay a fair amount of money for the effort! :cheesy:
I'll also get in touch with a few of car breakers to see what I can find, but I can imagine they'll charge lots when they hear it needs shipping to Austria.
The only difference in the part is the long stick on the LHD and the short stick on the RHD.

As always many many thanks in advance!
Lukas Binder
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Brake booster RHD

Post by PeterN »

I had mine fail some time ago and it was so difficult to get out because of the linkage behind the engine I got rid of the car, it had done well over 200,000 miles though. I had thought about fitting a stand alone one if I could find the space but didn't pursue it.

Peter

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400867382179 ... xyhPxRE~KG
Luketheduke44
1.8 8v

Post by Luketheduke44 »

I decided to get an original used one from Latvia for rhd, a original one from Germany for lhd and maybe I can change the stick since the one from Germany seems in way better shape, less milage,... but I don't have too much hope.
Additionally I purchased a rhd brake booster from a 607 since it seems quite similar but I can only check once it arrived here.
Just trying out :P
Luketheduke44
1.8 8v

Post by Luketheduke44 »

Hey everyone,
Got my mechanic to put in the recently purchased brake booster and everything is alright again.
However the job on the RHD took him 7h instead of the 2-3h on a LHD. He admitted and told me beforehand that he didn't know really how everything is installed and it turned out to be completely different to a LHD.

He also told me he hasn't changed a brake booster in any car in 14years as they hardly ever make any problems, which eased my worries for the future. 8)