For Sale

Post your goods for sale, or what you're after. Please note : NO TRADE ADS without prior permission

Moderator: Moderators

Kevin

For Sale

Post by Kevin »

Turbo exec for sale Blue,Tan Leather,112,000 miles 6 months tax ,MOT Feb 25 2008 central locking not working ,lose wire on heater fan needs sorting [does work but cuts out now and then] Recent tyres,backbox.Nice car will fly another mot, needs about £100 spending on it very reliable car Drive away £300
mjb
Site Admin

Re: For Sale

Post by mjb »

I'd be stupid not to... now where can I park a car that's been half salvaged for spares?
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

M, that would be a cheap way of continuing to own a 406 tubby would it not? make one good car out of 2 :cheesy:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Welton wrote:M, that would be a cheap way of continuing to own a 406 tubby would it not? make one good car out of 2 :cheesy:
Indeed! I've just sent the chap a PM :D

If I can find somewhere to stash it off the road, it'll be a wonderful way of keeping my '6 going forever on the cheap. Engine mount, rear seat, maybe a bonnet (if it's the right blue...), new tyres, stepper motor... It would pay for itself within HOURS! :D And then there's the luxury of having a complete set of spares including an engine block...

This 406 ain't going to get away!

Wonder what the insurance scenario is, as I'm covered to drive any other vehicle 3rd party only with the owner's consent. Does that include when I'm the owner, or should I have it registered to my dad? :) Heck, if it drives, my dad can use it, saving me the need for off-road storage!
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

No, when the car's owned and INSURED by someone else! (been there, got the t-shirt).

I'm sure your dad wouldn't mind driving a car about you're continuuously taking bits off...
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

mjb I will give you a bell later sorry but I dont know any where to store it But I personnally think it is to good to break for spares any how
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

mjb Sorry didnt read your last post properly,it does drive Ive just driven it from peterhead and I would not think twice about doing this trip again in this car. Like I said its very reliable and to good to break for spares
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

steve_earwig wrote:No, when the car's owned and INSURED by someone else! (been there, got the t-shirt).
Sods. My insurance policy document doesn't mention anythign about it at all, and the certificate (which says I'm covered under the circumstance) couldn't be more vague if it were written by a salesman...
I'm sure your dad wouldn't mind driving a car about you're continuuously taking bits off...
Given the choice between a free car that gets worse over time, or walking... I should shut up now - he's probably going to sign up here in the next day or two if I buy it... D'OH! ;)

Hopefully he'll have a slightly more imaginative username than me... :oops:
Welly

Post by Welly »

mjb wrote:he's probably going to sign up here in the next day or two if I buy it... D'OH! ;)

Hopefully he'll have a slightly more imaginative username than me... :oops:
But then your Dad will find out you said "boobies" on here and tell you off :(
Cars in my care:
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

What's wrong with the username? I've seen far worse. I've been far worse, once I was JJ...

MJB? Massive Jiggling Boobies?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

Michael Jackson's Baby? :|
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Well the car's no longer for sale! :D

Fantastically it is EXACTLY the same as mine, albeit a saloon not an estate. Guess I should do a run-down on this great car...

Bad:
No turbo (erk! "how steep is that hill?")
Broken wiring to the heater blower (easy fix)
Warped front discs (easy fix)
Dodgy clutch (problems with the hydraulics)
Broken remote central locking (possibly just needs new batteries and a re-sync)
Needs a few new interior bulbs

Good:
Engine sounds and feels great. Needs its turbo tho
Newish tyres. Going to nick soon.
Bodywork superb. Including the bonnet. Which has now been put on my estate :cheesy:
Seats are perfect. Not the same as the estate's rear though. Arse.
Suspension is a lot tighter than mine, it corners with a fair bit less roll (how hard to swap?)
Steering's bang on
Everything else
Sold to me by a great man

I think you'll agree, a bloody good buy! The old man certainly seems happy with it! Me? I like a rear wiper and the ability to tell where my arse is! I'm sticking with estates and hatches in future. :lol:
Welly

Post by Welly »

Well done m! 8)

I've also read your other posts about the car. The lack of Turbo could be a simple fix like a split hose, leaking intercooler etc or maybe more seriously a siezed up turbo (hope not).

Good thing is there's a few on here with plenty of experience with this engine to help you out!

Keep us posted.
Cars in my care:
Bonez
2.0 16v

Post by Bonez »

i have a spare hydrolics clutch system here if you want :D