local meets

Want to organise a (legal) cruise, meet up, or have news on one? Give us the heads up!

Moderator: Moderators

andybee
1.8 16v

local meets

Post by andybee »

wha about doing local meets once a month and all meet up in a pub or somthing. like all the pople in staffordshire or middlands or any one how wants to cum ects. to have a chat and look at each other cars .
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Sounds like a plan, although its not happened yet... we always say we will but it never happens !
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
GeordieBoy
3.0 24v

Post by GeordieBoy »

Donny 07 is in April, I recon we should all meet there. My car could be on a stand lol. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
UK Open Drift Championship 2011 Driver #80
Vehicles I own:-
1999 S Peugeot 406 LX 1.9TD (90% WVO, 10% Petrol)
2000 W Ford Transit LWB High Roof 2.5D
1997 R E36 BMW 328i Saloon (Drift/Track Car)
1995 N E36 BMW 328i Saloon (Spare Parts Car)
SOLD --- 2001 Y 406 GTX 2.0 HDi 110bhp
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

GeordieBoy wrote:Donny 07 is in April, I recon we should all meet there. My car could be on a stand lol. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
The "how not to do it" stand?... oh no... hang on... I know... its the "What the f*ck?" stand. Right?
tux2006
2.0 16v

Post by tux2006 »

oooooo bitchy has something upset you Blue? I'm not feeling much love between you two lately :|

I know you may not like what each other has done with their cars thats perfectly acceptable but theres no need to insult people over it

Blue406 for a youngish 406 driver (by comparisions to some of the old and bald on here) you seem to have a very old man narrow mindedness to what everyone does with their cars on here...I'm not trying to get in to a handbags match here so don't take it the wrong way its just an obvservation!!!

I like what you have done with your car it looks very smart and subtle but I also like geordieboy's! its horses for courses and all that... but no need to insult each other about it its ruuuude :shock:
Assumptions are the mother of all F**k ups.
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

GeordieBoy wrote:My car could be on a stand lol. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Axel stand... because you broke it again??? :D

Did you ever fix the wobble @ 100mph ??
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

tux2006 wrote:oooooo bitchy has something upset you Blue? I'm not feeling much love between you two lately :|

I know you may not like what each other has done with their cars thats perfectly acceptable but theres no need to insult people over it

Blue406 for a youngish 406 driver (by comparisions to some of the old and bald on here) you seem to have a very old man narrow mindedness to what everyone does with their cars on here...I'm not trying to get in to a handbags match here so don't take it the wrong way its just an obvservation!!!

I like what you have done with your car it looks very smart and subtle but I also like geordieboy's! its horses for courses and all that... but no need to insult each other about it its ruuuude :shock:
Totally Agree! !

Why can't we all just get along? Come on guys kiss and make up! ! !

Blue
This isn't the barry boys website so please try and keep it nice and polite... your criticisms should be constructive and not an attack on one's pride and joy as it were!
Niz406
--------
GeordieBoy
3.0 24v

Post by GeordieBoy »

niz406 wrote:
GeordieBoy wrote:My car could be on a stand lol. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Axel stand... because you broke it again??? :D

Did you ever fix the wobble @ 100mph ??
Its much better since I got the Crankshaft Pulley replaced with a new 1.
Managed 110mph and nowt happened except for ABS light come on at 105.

I just ignore Blue's and anyone else's bitchy comments, I've always said its upto the owner to do what they want with a car.
Aslong as they like it, who are we to complain. I only dont like my exhaust, everything else is ok.
andybee
1.8 16v

Post by andybee »

well i can sort meets if u like have done lot of them of the last few year for carclub that ive been on or even run local areas. and loads of cruzzze.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Me and Neildavies had a local meet last night, we even spent a bit of time hanging around in Tesco's carpark 8) (Only long enough to load his new tumble dryer into the back of my car :cheesy: ).

Anyone else wanna come to our next meet?

Seriously though - good plan, but they have to be local meets to make them worthwhile. I usually travel up to about 40 miles for club meets, any more is just silly :? Anyone else in South Wales?
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

DaiRees wrote:Me and Neildavies had a local meet last night, we even spent a bit of time hanging around in Tesco's carpark 8) (Only long enough to load his new tumble dryer into the back of my car :cheesy: ).

Anyone else wanna come to our next meet?
Whats the next meet.... fridge freezer in your boot with sofa on the roof ? :D

I'd come to south wales..... how far south we talking???

I think we should make one for summer, a big meet! That everyone has the time to be able to plan for and attend, what you think ?

We could get discount rates at a travel lodge or similar, or for the hardcores we could camp! ! We could even go as far as a circuit or strip event... what you think????
Niz406
--------
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

tux2006 wrote:oooooo bitchy has something upset you Blue? I'm not feeling much love between you two lately :|

Me bitchy?... naaaw.

I was attempting to be funny. But I guess in the wee hours of the morning.. my minds not up for such effort.
I apologise if my comments offended... it was not intended.

Trust me, when I mean to offend, you'll know it!
GeordieBoy
3.0 24v

Post by GeordieBoy »

Why not camp out all weekend at Donny in April? Its £45 Fri-Mon inc entry to the show. I will defo be there and its a car show.
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

Yep, I'd be up for a <50m meet.

Cheers to Dai again for providing his van size boot to get me a tumble dryer. Later in the same night, me and Deb went to Tesco and got back to find 4 young (god I feel old) lads in a car parked up next to me. I got back in the car and said "what are they up to then" and Deb said "Exactly yhe same as you used to do 10 years ago". Fair point!
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
tux2006
2.0 16v

Post by tux2006 »

Me bitchy?... naaaw.

I was attempting to be funny. But I guess in the wee hours of the morning.. my minds not up for such effort.
I apologise if my comments offended... it was not intended.

Trust me, when I mean to offend, you'll know it!
Sorry Blue that went over my head! I'll keep my mouth shut next time :cheesy: :cheesy:
Assumptions are the mother of all F**k ups.