News from Norway

Want to organise a (legal) cruise, meet up, or have news on one? Give us the heads up!

Moderator: Moderators

carli
1.6 8v

News from Norway

Post by carli »

Hello!

Just move this to another section it's inappropriate to post here. :D

As I have started looking to this forum for technical tips and spare parts, I thought I'd drop a little news on what's going on in Norway.

Today is the first track day for the Norwegian Peugeot Sport Club at the Vaaler track in eastern Norway. We have people coming in from across the nation each year to take part in our trackday events and we all have a good time at the track testing and pushing our pugs.

I'll be taking inboard video from my stripped down 406 D8 XU10J4R and get some shots of all the other models we have coming to the track today also. There will be 106's (Klengs 106 Rallye is FAST), 205 Mi-16's, one 205 Turbo (Hope they make it there, GT30 turbo), 306 Gti-6, 405 Mi-16s and 406's I dont know if we will see any 505, 605 or other models today but we'll see.

I can post links to the media here after I've done some editing.
Carl
Peugeot Sport Club Norway - Board of directors
Cruiser: '02 Peugeot 307 XS Premium Tiptr.
Racer: '98 Peugeot 406 ST 2.0
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Hi Chap,

Thanks for the news... would be great to see the outcome of your event!

Link us up :D
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

Nice one bud. I like piccies :cheesy:
2006 207 GT THP 150
carli
1.6 8v

Post by carli »

Hello again.

Trackday was a success, weather was perfect.

We had both the Citroën Xantia Activa club and the Porsche club visiting with a few cars.

I am sad to say that no 405's showed up but the 205 Turbo did! :)

Mostly inboard from my 406 but some others cars as well.

All titles in Norwegian but I think you get the picture :D:D:D

http://www.sparks.no/mrb0rg/Vaaler07.wmv

BTW: I'm the D8 and not the D9 in the gravel.. ;)
Carl
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Looks like a quality time was had.... except for the 3 off roaders lol
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
carli
1.6 8v

Post by carli »

Yeah, shame about the Activa. Kid is like 19 or something and his Activa was restored to 100% original state and he spent about GBP3000 doing so.

Something tells me that Activa is not a racing suspension.
Carl
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

carli wrote:Something tells me that Activa is not a racing suspension.
LOL.... definately NOT!

But hey, a lesson learnt!

That looks like a cool circuit too.... where is it again?
Niz406
--------
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

Awsome. I miss track days, I went to a few when i was in the Saxo Sports Club :oops:
2006 207 GT THP 150
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Holy crap that 205 was a bit nippy wasn't it?!? :shock: (while it was on the track that is :cheesy: )
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

just a few questions, what suspension set up are you using?
what size wheels tyres?
what engine mods have you done?
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
FAQ - 406 D8 petrol (excl. V6) running and starting problems
carli
1.6 8v

Post by carli »

The track is the Vaaler track in eastern Norway. It is one of our shorter tracks with a fairly simple layout.

http://www.vaalerbanen.no/index_english.htm (We are running the outer ring of the track)

The next track day in august is on Rudskogen which is one of our better tracks challenging drivers with more corners and combinations. Our main event although some people like Vaaler better.

The setup on my car was:

- 7,5*17 inch rims. (A bit on the big side on my 283mm brakes, considering 15s for Rudskogen)
- Tires were 2 year old street tires. 225/45-17 Champiro(?) or something. It amazed me how I could keep up with the rest of the guys running Toyo Proxes R888 on lighter cars easy.
- Suspension is Yellow Koni's set to hardest level. Springs are H&R sport springs. V6/turbo (21mm) antiroll bar.
- Brakes are 283 EBC Turbogrooves. (Pad-eaters.. :( ) Running Ferodo DS 3000 pads (hardcore pads) and DOT5.1 fluid. ABS pump removed and 2way brake pump replaced with four way.
- Running BM Bushings engine mounts on top and bottom.
- Engine is stock apart from the Green induction kit. (XU10J4R runs pretty nice, eh? Actually outran the 306 Gti-6 you can see in the video. And he was on Toyo Proxes.) Exhaust is 2,5" full system with race spec cat.
- Car is otherwise totally stripped down and lightened. No interior apart fom dash, front door panels and heater.

Plans for the car before august is to cut all dangerous things away from the cockpit, paint it white and get in the rollcage and OMP seat I got laying around. Also got Peugeot Sport 4-2-1 manifold here waiting for install and also Xu10J4RS Intake and cams are on the schedule. Then a remap on the MP5.2 or Megasquirt. Dunno yet.

Thanks! See ya!
Carl
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

not really a 406 any more then is it :lol:
Peugeot wrote:what are you worried about? we made car that lasted 10 years"..."Zat is very goode non? :|
carli
1.6 8v

Post by carli »

mjb wrote:Holy crap that 205 was a bit nippy wasn't it?!? :shock: (while it was on the track that is :cheesy: )
They recently pegged a 290 whp portable dyno system.....

On 1 bar.... he is running 1,5 on the track.. They are outputting somewhere between 300-350 whp under optimal conditions.
Carl
carli
1.6 8v

Post by carli »

jameslxdt wrote:not really a 406 any more then is it :lol:
Well.. 99% stock. ;) The bushings and brakes and pure necessities on the track to last more than 5 rounds.

Removing the interior trim is to catch all thos little buggers on the track. Ie 106 Rallyes and Saxos.

But I am very happy with the results so far. Last year I couldnt keep up with anything apart from a bone stock Saxo. This year I actually could hang onto some of them. And as you can see from the video both XU10J4RS powered Gti-6's and XU10J4TE powered Xantias are a bit slower even on the straights.

But the ferodo pads and four way brake pump is a killer combo in the turns.
Carl
jameslxdt
3.0 24v

Post by jameslxdt »

are you using the standard brake hoses?