hi is there any meets or shows organised for 2009

Want to organise a (legal) cruise, meet up, or have news on one? Give us the heads up!

Moderator: Moderators

teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Re: hi is there any meets or shows organised for 2009

Post by teamster1975 »

DaiRees wrote:I also enjoy the old convoy run and and a pub lunch too
Where did you all meet up last time Dai? I know we're all dotted about the country.

Some time in May I guess? We'll have to put our heads together and work it out before people start booking holidays!
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Well since I arranged it we decided to stick to the roads I know, so we had a little blat around the Brecon Beacons. Unfortunately it was cut short due to the Puggymobile's issues, so we didn't get to do the most impressive bits of road, but it was still a good laugh and nice to meet a couple of faces.... 8) :D
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
teamster1975
Site Admin & Mad Biker!

Post by teamster1975 »

Hmmm, about 150 miles for me from Woking. Not too horrendous I suppose!
1996 406 1.8LX Got a bad case of hydro lock!
1996 406 Executive 2.0 Turbo XU10J2TE No longer hangin' on in there :(
1997 Honda CB500V
2003 Volvo V40 1.8 GDi SE killed by a nutter in a beemer 5 series
2008 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Titanium X

"Always look on the bright side of life, dedo, dedo dedodedo"
munfred
2.0 16v

Post by munfred »

Brecon Beacons have some really unused roads. But also some really fun roads.
Last october when I was going to Llanthony I was going along the A465 and there was a road block turning all vehicles around, so I reset the Tom Tom and it took me through some really ropey roads going through places like Dan-y-bwlch on roads that were totally covered in wet leaves going up steep gradiants. Some of them I only just made up, because any throttle caused the wheels to spin so I slowly trudged up them on tick over.
Saying that along Gospel pass near Lord Herefords Knob was really nice and scenic to drive along, even with the roads covered in snow.

Would it be an idea of finding out where everyone is located, and then choose somewhere as central as possible? To the Brecon Beacons is about 200 miles away for me, but I'd probably make the weekend of it and do some walking at the same time, or visiting friends in Pontypridd. But I expect if there are people up in the North they may not be willing to travel. But then again if there are lots of people down south they may not be able to travel further north.....

If there are people who are wanting to go to a show, I dont mind forwarding contacts/information to other people but would wait until getting the ok from 406oc admin, as I know shows arent for everyone, or for every club for that matter.
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

Couple of hours drive teamy the same for me,was well worth it ,only wish
i could have stopped all day,excellent roads and scenery and good company :) :)
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

DaiRees wrote:Not sure a dented 406 is worthy of a show though? :oops:
Not to mention scratched, scraped, scuffed, cut, bent, mouldy, abused and VERY well used.... :lol:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
munfred
2.0 16v

Post by munfred »

even if your 406 was smashed in by an elephant to look like a 206, it would still look better than alot of the cars on shows these days.
It is the social side that most people I attend with go.
From these shows most of the pictures I take are of the track sessions, engines or 'rare' cars everything is pretty much the same or stick on. Even the eye candy that some of the trade stands have have eaten 1 to many donuts which who would either break my lens or require wideangle....

If people are up for a meeting why not have a few spread out around the country, or 1 big meet over a weekend, maybe invading a travel lodge or campsite? Would then make it more worthwhile for those that have to travel far.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

I'd definetly be interested if something's on 8)
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Black Pearl
2.0 16v

Post by Black Pearl »

I werent aware the 406oc did get togethers ? thats pretty cool to know, depending on location & workload im up for it :cheesy: being on call 24 hours a day 7 days week kinda eats into your social life if things aint running too good. On the topic of gatherings and such, i used to organise one with my mates, only 6 or so people turned up and half were interested in cars the other half were in for the social sunny day bbq thing, little did they know i was taking them to " race what you ride " sprint track. No doubt to some if i say curborough it might ring a few bells. Anyways after a quick blast round in me old D8 406, the rest seemed to of followed suit, beauty of it is ya can go round as many times as you like. The day we turned up we didnt have to pay anything either, sometime in july i think it was though there calendar changes from year to year depending on what car club has hired it for the day or a weekend race. i go up there most sundays and some of the machines people bring to that track is insane, where else would you see an original 1970's ford GT roar past you setting the fastest time of the day until it was beated by a ferrari daytona ( henry ford would of had a fit if he'd of known that ! lol ) for absolutley no fee what so ever !

http://www.curborough.co.uk/about.htm i didnt know a site existed for the place, learn sumot new everyday, just a thought really time trials in the 406's an when they overheat its manifold buttys all round :cheesy: i go up there most sundays and some of the machines people bring to that track is insane, where else would you see an original 1970's ford GT roar past you setting the fastest time of the day for absolutley no fee what so ever !
dragonslayer
2.0 16v

Post by dragonslayer »

well i reckon when the weather gets a lot warmer as its freezing at min.what about april may time to arrange mini meets
and bigger meets.was thinking about a camping week end or something.like i used to go to the vauxhall onae and billing in northampton
just an idea