and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Post by Doggy »

Welly wrote:The Human body is still not correct, it wasn't designed for sitting/standing rather it still loosely follows the Ape-on-all-fours principle :| maybe in another 1000 years evolution will fix this.
Maybe, but I fear it will be longer in Kettering, perhaps infinitely so. :twisted:
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

The human body was designed for going out and foraging for food, running from predators / other tribes, and producing babies.

Most workplaces (unless you are trying to gather stuff in the jungle) and methods of travel are absolutely artificial in this regard.

The human body is like taking a supercomputer and using it as the ECU for a tractor.
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

it's possibly more like taking a supercomputer and using it as a hammer - it ain't designed for that and the more you use like that the more broken it's going to be.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Ive not much to say on this subject,

other than to say, Hope you Get well soon steve,, not nice to see/ hear of people going thru this, :(
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

I concur, I hope you get well soon

Some of the pics I saw of the Gaydon meet, embaress me into how much I need to lose weight
Trouble is i'm in agony a lot of time with my back, and just can't bring myself to do some exercise to help lose the weight
I've had general back pain for many years but for the last 5 years or so, I believe i've had Sciatica
I've been to the docs a few times but despite saying they are going to send me for physio, nothing ever happens
I believe me being a driver has a lot to do with it i.e bad posture - seat in my lorry is appaling bad, but boss ain;t interested
I get a pain mostly in my left leg, and if I don;t sit down, I start to lose sensation
The loss of sensation increases and when really bad I can't feel my bum or legs
One day I was walking along and I could just about feel my feet but they felt really heavy and I felt like my legs were going to give way beneath me

Last time I went, he said it weren't sciatica but intermittent claudition - sent me hospital, but they discharged me immediately as said it weren't that
Got a bit disenchanted with them but really need to go and put my foot down with them to get something done
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
sirwiggum
3.0 24v

Post by sirwiggum »

Plod, does the lorry have a heavy clutch?
1999 Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 Vtec Automatic
Previously 2002 406 HDi 90 Rapier Monaco Blue
Welly wrote:something to do with rubber/splits/bursts/flat/floppy etc
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

No it doesn't

I think it's just a really bad seat coupled with being very over weight
Wish I'd never left my last job and gone driving as although I've always been big ie my ideal weight is 14st, I was always active and was perfectly happy at 17st

Didn't help with developing sleep apnea as didn't realise I had it for years and pigged out on coca cola and chocolate to keep me awake whilst driving

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Sleep whats that, :frown:
iaverage around 2 -3hours aday and then im up, 3:30am is -
either Running the dog on the Moors or Messing in the Garage with an old car, (imsomnia is not good,)
ieven wake up on, tranqualisers,

ive not had more than 3 hours sleep-per day in the past 10yrs,
igot drunk once and woke up a week later,

strangely Doctors rekon people only need an hours sleep, :?
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

some people need more, some people need less but i reckon an hour is bollocks. I reckon you need to find out how much sleep you actually need and why you're not getting it, then you'll probably be surprised how much better you feel for it.

Plod - You've got to the bottom of the sleep apnea thing now, yes? As for the other. I had a pretty good idea of what was going wrong with me, now it's been confirmed and I'm moving towards doing something about it now (although now it's all up in the air as everyone says go see the neurosturgeon for surgery and he's saying i don't need any :roll: ) but to be back at the start with no real idea what's going wrong is just a nightmare.

It doesn't sound like sciatica, this "claudication" reads like medico for "don't know, go away". my advice to you is go to your gp, go to casualty and be a nuisance - there's only one way they+ll get rid of you :wink:

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

[quote="steve_earwig"]some people need more, some people need less but i reckon an hour is bollocks. I reckon you need to find out how much sleep you actually need and why you're not getting it, then you'll probably be surprised how much better you feel for it.

Igree mate.
an hour is bollox but the doctor was Adamant thats enough,
they rekon the older we get the less sleep we need,
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

blimey, so you're 170 then? :shock:

when i was young i used to stay up all night, go to work the next day, all sorts of daft stuff. nowadays if i'm up much after midnight i'm completely useless :(

Damn, i guess it's that time already!

lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

170, nah.

altho ifeel like it somedays, :lol:

the reason why idont sleep is because iused to be a Night watchman, working for the Goverment, iguess after 12yrs of 15 hour shifts ive become used to having little sleep,
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

1 hour :lol: , what's that Doctor taking?... oh wait! :oops:

My father in law suffers from clodication, it's not nice! He can only walk very short distances and often complains of losing the feeling in his legs. He puts it down to heavy smoking in his younger years. He also suffered some very bad clotting in his legs after the summer holidays resulting in lots of medication and daily hospital visits for injections :frown:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

I went the docs about 2/3 years back, and the doc, who was a locum, checked the circulation in my legs and said they were fine - did cross my mind, as at one point I was smoking 50 to 60 cigs a day
The last time I went was 6 months ago, and he said from your symptoms its claudition(sp?)
Went to the hospital, and they said there is nothing wrong with your circulation, and discharged me
Guess like you say Steve, time to become a nuisance
I've just put up with it and suffered really
I know when I was racing RC cars, some days when i'd get back i'd be in agony and could barely move after sitting down, and any movement gave me pain

I've barely talked about this to anyone, only really my wife and one mate, I try not to make a fuss about it, but this thread has inspired me to say something, and hopefully also to get my backside round the docs and force them to do something

As for the Apnea, when I went for my sleep study to determine what the problem was, they said if you wake up between 1 and 15 times an hour, that's bad, 16 to 30 was considered very bad, and anything over 30, well, you can guess
The result? I was waking 54 times an hour, yes 54!!! So effectively waking nearly once a minute
I guess this is as good as not sleeping at all!
I think your body needs around 5 mins to achieve deep sleep, and deep sleep is what your body needs to recover
I now have to sleep with a CPAP machine which basically forces air down my throat to keep the airways open (apnea is where the muscles in your throat collapse and block your airways)
After about 3 days of usage I no longer had sleep issues and wasn't falling asleep at the wheel - it doesn't take much imagination, to appreciate how bad this is
and yes, regrettably, I did have an accident where I believe I "may" have fallen asleep and ran into a taxi, when looking at it in hindsight

I desperately want to lose weight, but after a days driving in discomfort, i'm often in agony when I get home and the last thing I want to do is any exercise to help with weight loss
I guess a change of job is the best course of action, but in todays climate not the easiest of options and especially as I have no career to fall back on as i've only had 2 jobs
I left school after my A levels and became a Warehouse Manager for a Supermarket, then left to become a Courier

anyway, waffled on for long enough now :oops:

plod
3.0 24v

Post by plod »

...............as for the amount of sleep thing

I could and often would, be perfectly happy in my 20's and early 30's on just 4 hours sleep
Now if I have 4 hours sleep, I feel fecked
I often get just about 4.5 hours sleep when I have to do any early run like up to Kendal or down to Poole, and I really struggle on just that, even though i'd class myself as a morning person