and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Post by steve_earwig »

pFZfidNR79Y
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

GingerMagic wrote:
steve_earwig wrote:I'd love a parts washer
Me too, but I'll have to settle for doing them myself with soap and a wet flannel... :cheesy:
And me , but sadly I can't get a flannel big enough so I have to use a towel :shock:
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

puggy wrote:
GingerMagic wrote:
steve_earwig wrote:I'd love a parts washer
Me too, but I'll have to settle for doing them myself with soap and a wet flannel... :cheesy:
And me , but sadly I can't get a flannel big enough so I have to use a towel :shock:
Hi Lou, how are you doing? (Not been to Specsavers yet, I see). :lol:
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Just remove the interlock and stick it in the washing machine....

Bleedin' 'ell! How you doin' Lou, you old pervert?

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

.... having my brain tested. Neuropsychological testing, dontchaknow, checking for any issues I might have in the old noodlemap. A bit of IQ, a bit of mammary testing. I'll get the results Thurday but early signs that everything's normal, for someone of my age :shock: :( k,llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (thankyou Mary-Jane)

On the way back to where I parked the car the tram I was riding scraped down the side of a van waiting in a traffic queue. It's his own fault, trams are incapable of swerving.

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

steve_earwig wrote: I'll get the results Thurday
And the results are in...

I'm a bit anxious and prone to depression. Woop-de-do. I didn't need to pay 80 quid to know that :roll:

My wife's translating some of it for me - Above average in telly gents, spatial co-ordination also much higher than thingy, good executive wotsit, numeric short term memory, erm, what? Visual perception is normal, excellent visual-spatial synthesis and orientation in space and time? Eh? Oh but my attention is easily dis.... oh, look at that flower.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'm smarter than the average bear, big deal. I still have a headache though :(

Back with the neurologist Tuesday week. I can hardly wai....zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Doggy

Post by Doggy »

Well, at least that lot didn't include any bad news, (as far as I can see), even if it was a bit short on answers.

Hope you get to the bottom of it soon.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Cheers :cheesy: Yeah, me too. This is day, err, hold on, 41 of the same damn headache, more-or-less (a few times I thought it had gone but a while later it was there again, same place and everyfing :( )

No real answers no, the only thing that's come up is the thickening of the mucous membrane of my r/h sinus, which is right where my headache is :frown: I don't think it's infected, I've been dosed up with aunty bios before in an attempt to stop the headaches so it should be ok. However, at the same time my blood tests say I have an elevated leukocite levels, but the antibiotics didn't sort that out. Some sort of antibiotic-resistant infection perhaps? X-rays say my sinus is clear of anything untoward.

I bet they go with the tension headache thing. The neurologist told me to take asperin, which is a laugh because it never did anything for my headaches but maybe I'm meant to take the whole bottle, it might actually do something then.

Bloody headache, it's wearing me down and I'm having serious trouble getting myself to do anything at all just now.

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Them's is good results to me, at least it makes you sound smart and not faulty, I can tell that from here anyway, you'd be what I call a decent chap and beneficial to be acquainted with.

Dare I ask about the schmoking? if you do still smoke fags perhaps this might be time to experiment with cutting down verses headache symptoms?
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

I had cluster style headaches for a year, around my temples, but would spread / move all over to the sides of my head, top or even back. They didn't tend to be 'bad' but the near constant presence of them doesn't half wear you down..

Diagnosed as Stress, then possibly infection with antibiotics, then more stress, then finally a MRI which showed a inflamed / sinus infection. More Antibiotics (and the reassurance it wasn't serious) and they went within a few weeks. Still get them now though when I have a bad cold, so i suspect there was some permanent damage done to them in some way.

I also have a friend who has full on cluster headaches diagnosed as hemicrania continua‬ which has led to her developing tourettes on top of the headaches. They are currently trying injections into the base of her neck / spinal column but it doesn't seem to be having a great effect :(

TLDR: Cluster headaches are a bitch, you have my sympathy
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
benczuk
3.0 24v

Post by benczuk »

Welly wrote:Dare I ask about the schmoking? if you do still smoke fags perhaps this might be time to experiment with cutting down verses headache symptoms?
How is the 'lifestyle adjustment' going Welly? Managed to keep it up?
2002 HDi 2.2 GTX Estate de-fapped
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Mustard mitt I used to get sinus headaches and they are royally sh*t, don't get them now though.

My lifestyle adjustment programme is moving in the right direction thanks, it's a slow and bumpy road though especially when I had to watch FIL die but the will is there and fixed so I'd say I'm doing well all round really; certainly more mindful of being healthy than I was doing.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Doggy

Post by Doggy »

I had 2 years of near constant sinus headaches before getting my right nostril rebored about 7 years back. I still get sinus problems but rarely any pain, thank god.
The worst time I remember was on a work trip to Switzerland where it was driving me crazy despite double the recommended dose of paracetamol and codeine.
I only put up with it at that level on & off for a few months, so you definitely have my sympathy. Hope you get an answer soon.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Thankyou all for your kind words :D

Most of the time this really isn't that bad, at least I can still function, it's just having the thing all the time. It rarely gets so bad I can't function, although Sunday I woke up with a headache the other side of my head as well, so I think I had 2 headaches :(
Welly wrote:Dare I ask about the schmoking? if you do still smoke fags perhaps this might be time to experiment with cutting down verses headache symptoms?

Wellll.... I'm not sure if I said but I was getting concerned I was smoking way too much, 40g of Samson blue was only last me 2 days so I thought I must have been on about 60 a day :shock: So I counted them, 40g equates to 55 fags, so 27/28 a day. Also, it was annoying me that I'd sit here on the pc and smoke one after the other, the rest of the day if I was active I didn't smoke that much but it's on the pc or if I'm bored I smoke much more, so I cut it down to one fag every 60 minutes. Then one every 75. ANd then I pushed it to one every 90 minutes, which makes it 12 or 13 a day. I'd dearly love to give up but I've tried it lots of times and I go kind of insane. Last time I tried it I managed to reduce the wife to tears, so I thought I'd try a different approach. I did intend to push the time interval to 2 hours but I still didn't manage that one.

I don't think it can have much influence on the headaches like this. Also, you'd think a spot of fresh air gardening would help but it makes it worse. Makes no bleedin' sense at all to me :frown:

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Opps, forgot this bit
Welly wrote:Them's is good results to me, at least it makes you sound smart and not faulty, I can tell that from here anyway, you'd be what I call a decent chap and beneficial to be acquainted with.
Thanks! Although most of the time I feel like a complete a-hole just pretending to be a nice guy... I actually wish I had your ability to string words together, a skill I seem to be lacking.

I had a similar test to this with BT, when I was "redeployed" (i.e. "we don't need you for what you've been doing any more, so we'll stick you on this heap here and use you for all the crappy jobs nobody else wants to do"). There was the IQ stuff, plus some computing aptitude tests and some basic maths against the clock. I think about 5,000 people did the same thing up and down the country. Guess who came top. So yes, I've already been told I have a high IQ but at the time I didn't really believe it, I thought maybe it was a fluke or something. I hadn't had much sleep the night before and I was a touch hyper.

And what did it get me? Feck all.

This is why I think all this "high IQ" and Mensa or anything like that is complete bulwarks. OK, yeah, you can pick the right shaped blob out of the line up but it doesn't mean you've got any sense.