Welcome to the 406 owners club!!

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Foxy
Forum Admin<BR>Know it all

Welcome to the 406 owners club!!

Post by Foxy »

Please take time to say hello here and tell us a bit about yourself! Use the forum and its resources at will.
Dont be shy, say Hi!!

The 406oc Admin team
Used to own the finest 406 in the UK - RIP
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Hi guys, I'm a Mechanical Engineer from South Wales, my main car is a Pug 406 Executive Estate with the 2.0l HPi petrol engine. It's got leather, climate, cruise, premium stereo, sat-nav, and a cavernous load area - I love it! Bought it at 6mths old with less than 4K miles (ex demonstrator), 3 years later and she's only just trickled over the 20K mark. Hey, what can I say? I lift share to work, look after the environment and the pocket! The car's totally standard except for a stainless exhaust but that's the way I like it! :D

The wife's got another pug, a 206 1.1 LX, bought new from a car supermarket who imported it from Ireland, so the spec is very slightly different to the UK model. Great fun to drive around town!

I enjoy mountain biking but my main hobby is Greenlaning, which for those of you who don't know is "off road driving" on vehicular rights of way. Basically greenlanes are un surfaced roads, some are just smooth gravel tracks, others are a bit more extreme :cheesy: ! But all are legal rights of way and, for now, anyone can drive them if you've got capable wheels. My chosen tool for this passtime is a '93 Suzuki Samurai (yes, one of those "hairdresser's cars"). It's incredibly capable offroad, often putting the more traditional 4X4s to shame 8) .

Anyway that's enough of my waffle, who's next?
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

Well, Im Paul aka Foxy.
Own a 97 P plate executive turbo with all the toys. Ive owned nothing but Pugs since 1998 them being a 205 GT, 106 XN, 306 XSi and a 306 GTi6.
I co-own and run a 306 website as well as this one!

I consider myself to be clued up quite alot as far as Pugs go, Im working on the 'knowledge base' with Nick, but feel free to post any questions or problems and Ill do my best to answer them. 8)
mason406

Post by mason406 »

hi all my names shaun i live in eastleigh i have 1 son thats 7 in sep and one cuming in 2 weeks or so iv had lots ov cars i dive a pug 406 2.0 16v glx im moding it at the mo but have kids and a home not much ? so its slowy get there
V6WAYNE
1.8 8v

Post by V6WAYNE »

Hello my name is wayne i`m a french polisher / sprayer from cambridgeshire i drive a 406 coupe V6 2000 w plate which i`m modding as and when funds permit and i already know foxy from the 306 site. 8)
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

Hello Wayne, thanks for joining!

8)
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

Hello,

I'm an IT-Technician and live in Germany on the German/Luxemburg border.

Drive a 406 ST 2.0l 16V since 3 years and had a 405 s16 for 3 years. Also had a 205 GTI for a few months between the 2. :) And my next car eventually sometime will also be a 406 but a V6 Premium (Don't like the 407 at all)

My plan at the moment is to change anything I can when the $ allows :) :)

Most of my project, modding and pics are on my site!

Greetz
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
mason406

Post by mason406 »

wecome m8
csd1_uk
1.8 8v

Post by csd1_uk »

hey, my name is Chris, i am currently living in cardiff, working full time on my placement year and then going back next year to finish my degree. oh the joy. i wont tell you guys what i do as its boring and i doubt u will wanna know as i probably wouldnt be that popular, hehe

i am fairly new to pugs and i only drive a 1996 2.0 16v lx, nothing special but i needed a cheap decent car and it fitted the bill. it was meant to be a stop off car but i have loved it ever since i bought it. after this i am looking at buyin an exec turbo or a v6 coupe when money allows (the coupes look awesome! and insurance isnt tht bad!!)

i do not know alot about pugs in general but have a basic knowledge of cars, as i do all the work myself as i am not a fan of garages! :) and also i like my audio installations as i like my music.
Due to Recent Cutbacks, The Light at The End of The Tunnel Has Been Switched Off!
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

Hi, I'm Neil, from Merthyr Tydfil in South Wales. I'm a Network Engineer who's on his 4th Peugeot. Started back in '96 with a 1990 405 1.6GR, then had a 1996 306 Dturbo, and now between me and Mrs Davies, we've got a 1998 406 2.1TD GLX which we've owned since 2002. Bought it, an ex company car, with 131,000m on the clock, but was amazed at how the car felt really tight and didn't show or feel its mileage at all. It's now approaching 170,000m and I still have to look twice to believe it's done the miles it has. Our other car is a 2002 206 coupe cabriolet 2.0SE. I think you can blame our luck on the fact that Britain hasn't had a summer 2005.
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
iceke

Post by iceke »

Hi there,

I'm iceke from Belgium and i'm driving 406 coup? and
my dad drives a 406 and we like them :mrgreen:
My hobby's are fitness and caraudio, sometimes a
competite with my car at db drag events and sometimes
i pick a price from top3 :P

greeeeeeeetz to all peugeot lovers :P
pug406gtx
2.0 16v

Post by pug406gtx »

Hi all my name is Duncan and I am an alcoholic. :shock: (oops wrong site)J/K I've had my 2.0 16v GTX for about 18 months now bought it from Arnold Clarks it only had 27k on the clock and came with a vast amount of toys. Gradually been working on the car maybe get it finished some day but I highly doubt it :? Third kid is due in March but as long as it isn't twins I'll keep modding the pug otherwise it will be a people carrier :shock:
Great site Nick and Foxy and keep up the good work :cheesy:
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

@iceke
I db drag too... when I can be arsed to show up hehe
What can you get out of the 406? We're stuck at 142.3 since 2003. :|

A topic we could maybe discuss more later under the I.C.E forum. :)

Wanted to thank nick/Foxy for providing such a great site! I've had a hard time finding places to discuss my fav car...speacially here in Germany.
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
Foxy

Post by Foxy »

Got a mate who competes in street car class 3. 150.3 db with old style measuring equipment. 147.4 with new.
iceke

Post by iceke »

MaDc0w wrote:@iceke
I db drag too... when I can be arsed to show up hehe
What can you get out of the 406? We're stuck at 142.3 since 2003. :|

A topic we could maybe discuss more later under the I.C.E forum. :)

Wanted to thank nick/Foxy for providing such a great site! I've had a hard time finding places to discuss my fav car...speacially here in Germany.
In 2004 i did 142.9dB @ 42 HZ with a single 15" and 2300rms without testing the box :P (and it's not a spl box)
Butt there 's more to come soon, now i have 2x 15"s and i'm waiting for my second amp so i can use around +- 5000rms :mrgreen:

thinking to come close to 150db new meters @42hz :P